Upper A/C mounting bolt by raysr11
Started on: 05-17-2013 01:22 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: raysr11 on 05-17-2013 02:04 PM
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Direct Link to This Post
Has anyone ever tried to use one long bolt, 170+mm, on the top of the A/C compressor? Seems like that would be much easier to adjust and install.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
86 Vintage Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 Vintage FieroSend a Private Message to 86 Vintage FieroDirect Link to This Post
Someone suggested that I use a 160MM long bolt X 10 (Metric) on mine. But if I do that, doesn't the bolt have to be threaded the entire distance. And if you did that would you have to secure it with a lockwasher or locktite? I will be watching all the replies you receive.
raysr11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Direct Link to This Post
No, it only has to be threaded at the clutch end. The upper mounts are slide thru's. Actually, I'm in the process of doing this now, I just wanted to know if there was a downside because I sure couldn't see one. You just slide it thru the back of the compressor and thread it into the other end. It's 10mm 1.5 pitch. I couldn't find an exact size so I ordered a 200 mm from an outfit in Needles CA, Allensfasteners.com, ran it thru the compressor with the rear bracket on and measured what needed to be cut off. Threaded the end and welded the nut on.
raysr11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Direct Link to This Post

raysr11

1254 posts
Member since Nov 2008
No, it only has to be threaded at the clutch end. The upper mounts are slide thru's. Actually, I'm in the process of doing this now, I just wanted to know if there was a downside because I sure couldn't see one. You just slide it thru the back of the compressor and thread it into the other end. It's 10mm 1.5 pitch. I couldn't find an exact size so I ordered a 200 mm from an outfit in Needles CA, Allensfasteners.com, ran it thru the compressor with the rear bracket on and measured what needed to be cut off. Threaded the end and welded the nut on.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock