Decklid and trunk seal on GT by fierocarb
Started on: 04-10-2013 10:44 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Fiero84Freak on 04-11-2013 08:17 AM
fierocarb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarbSend a Private Message to fierocarbDirect Link to This Post
I finally got some of those D-plates installed on my 88 Formula converted to a fastback. The seal I bought from the Fiero Store a couple of years ago had never been installed, I pushed it on all the way around. I appears to be on all the way. I set me deck lid on there and it would not close. I lifted the deck lid up slightly and could plainly see that the groove in the deck lid sides, presumably for the seal, does not line up. So it is stopping the lid from coming down all the way.

What did I do wrong?

I assume all GT deck lids are the same.

Tom
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2013 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
All fastback GT decklids are the same (remember, in 1985 the GT was a notchback).

Did you actually secure the decklid to the hinges and then try to close it? The ridge around the trunk area sit point on the underside of the fastback decklid does indeed hold the trunk seal in place. The way I typically install the decklid is to attach it to the decklid hinges, near close it, and then loosen up the 4 13mm bolts and shift it around until it lines up "flush" in the rear. You can try simply removing the seal and seeing if it'll close that way. then after you've made your adjustments to it's position re-install the seal and see if everything closes correctly.
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock