Locked keys in trunk! Help! by dragonbeast25
Started on: 02-04-2013 05:44 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: RWDPLZ on 02-05-2013 07:50 PM
dragonbeast25

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dragonbeast25Send a Private Message to dragonbeast25Direct Link to This Post
I ended up locking my keys in my trunk. I tried to use my eletronic release button, it doesn't do anything. Can anyone help me out.? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyDirect Link to This Post
You too? I'll have to call a locksmith to get my trunk open. I have another Fiero with electric trunk release, and if I remember correctly, the key has to be in the ignition in order to pop the trunk. That one hasn't run in years, so I can't go out and verify the operation.
DaytonTD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDDirect Link to This Post
No I don't think the keys have to be in it. Get someone to keep pressing the button while you push down on the truck and lift up jiggling it, sometimes it just needs to be in the right position to release
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
For an 84, the ignition has to be in the 'on' position. 85+, even if the car is off with no keys in the ignition, the trunk button will work. If the button isn't working on an 85+, the battery is dead or disconnected, or the lock solenoid isn't making a good ground. You can try pulling up or pushing down on the decklid while someone presses the button to complete the circuit. If you have an 84, you need a locksmith.
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyDirect Link to This Post
I see... I was referring to my Indy. Interesting that only the '84s needed the key in the ignition.
Purple86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRtW04sifh4

It's what the locksmith will do anyhow.

Google jiggler key and it will show you how to make and use it.. It's scarry simple...
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2013 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDDirect Link to This Post
use a set of jumper cables, a small screw driver. Hook jumper cables to bat. put a small screwdriver in the positive lead. hold the trunk button down. touch screwdrive tip to the back of the fuse's untill trunk pops. the fuse's have a little test hole that lets you power them up.
the trunk may ground through the latch.
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Direct Link to This Post
Just jumper the wires on the switch? Maybe your switch is bad.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
if you have a power trunk release you just need to put 12v to the grey black wire on the relay that is under the column if you can get into the car. or if you had a handy dandy lock unlock kit you would just hit the trunk release on the key fob. pm me if you want to know more.
Fierology

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyDirect Link to This Post
My switch wouldn't work because the part that flips the toggle is plastic. It's not too robust and can break with use. If you pull off your switch, (torx), you may be able to find a broken piece of plastic inside preventing the actuation. Then you can flip the switch with a screwdriver.

-Michael
dragonbeast25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dragonbeast25Send a Private Message to dragonbeast25Direct Link to This Post
Thank you all very much! I will try everything posted here, and ill come back and let you know how it goes! Thanks!!
PFF
System Bot
dragonbeast25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dragonbeast25Send a Private Message to dragonbeast25Direct Link to This Post

dragonbeast25

16 posts
Member since Jan 2013
So i pulled the switch out and theres 4 wires. Which ones do i jump
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Depends on the year, 85-86, yellow/black to orange, 87-88, gray/black to orange/dark blue

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock