Started on: 01-15-2013 10:56 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Will on 01-26-2013 12:59 PM
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Thanks guys!!!

Originally posted by qwikgta:

So according to the fiero wire diagram, I can either tap into the yellow/black wire here at the brake switch, or the purple wire at the cruise control cutout solenoid. I know I need to use the purple wire for the CC so it may be best to tap into this yellow/black wire and run it through the center console to the ECM.

Comments?

Rob

I need to find the upper (with yellow and black wires) of these two switches. Does anyone have the part number?

I @$$ume that in the first pic, the switch with pink/purple wires is the TCC brake switch, while the yellow and yellow/black wires are the cruise brake switch?
I didn't think to check on the TCC wiring earlier in the evening when I had my FSM in front of me...

I want to use that switch module on the clutch in lieu of the cruise clutch switch/vacuum valve combo currently there. The Shelby PCM for the Northstar wants a clutch switch, and I think that using the TCC/cruise brake switch instead of the original cruise clutch switch would give me the second set of contacts I need.

I can snag one from a parts car this weekend, but I'd rather know what I'm getting, and haven't been able to find a listing for it or images like it on Google.

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
Bump... Anyone have the catalog listing or part number?
FieroWannaBe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
ACDELCO Part # D895A

That is the correct switch I believe... I have no idea as to the GM number.

It looks like there are 3-4 different versions of the brake switches,

Auto w/o Cruise
Auto w/ Cruise
Standard w/o Cruise
Standard w/ Cruise maybe ?
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
This is a Delco D895A... not the right switch at all

http://www.ryderfleetproduc...p-switch-p-w82-d895a

This is the current cruise clutch switch:
Delco 212-347:
http://www.rmsautoparts.com...ail.php?prod=212-347

This is the Brake LIGHT switch:
(D895A *MAY* be interchangeable with this, but this isn't the switch I'm looking for)
Delco D853A:
http://www.amazon.com/ACDel...sembly/dp/B0013FHT32

Clutch Starter switch:
GM 15569768 ("Clutch Starter Safety Switch") I *think* this is a D2271A

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/114129.html#p5

I'm using Google images, amazon, the all but useless AC Delco Parts Catalog... the whole nine yards.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 01-17-2013).]

FieroWannaBe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
Every switch in the P22 on the brake pedal is labeled as a stop light switch, with at least as many parts numbers as years and engine/trans combinations. Im not putting a lot of faith that something would be described as a TCC / cruise switch seperatly, since Im sure GM bastardized part usage all over the place.

The rockauto catalog lists all cruise control brake switches as 5-pin units. Non cruise vehicles as 4 pin.

EDIT:

Does PN 25529860 work?

[This message has been edited by FieroWannaBe (edited 01-17-2013).]

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
This page: http://www.rmsautoparts.com...p?prod=D852A&cat=117

Claims that the 25529860 part has been superceded by D852A, which *appears* to be the same as D853A, except that it takes a metri-pack 150 connector on the 2-pin end.
The mounting shank on the D895A is too small in diameter for the mounting location.

Found a parts catalog diagram:

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/...ukey_assembly=393698

I'm looking for #3.
The diagram shows it as being the same between the clutch and the brake, but on my car it is not.
Unfortunately, they don't have a listing for it.
I guess I'll have to pull it out of my car and get the number directly.

#9, #10 and #11 are the alternatives for the lower brake switch, depending on options.
Rick Vanderpool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick VanderpoolSend a Private Message to Rick VanderpoolDirect Link to This Post
The part number for that switch is 10024217. It appears that they are no longer available new.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick Vanderpool:

The part number for that switch is 10024217. It appears that they are no longer available new.

EXCELLENT!
Yes, that's that I'm looking for. Thank you!

Quick google finds these:

http://www.gmpartsclub.com/...ease-switch/10024217
http://www.rarenosparts.com...WITCH-NOS_p_220.html

I'll also check with CarQuest and the local GM dealer to see what they know.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2013 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Will, in that first picture, is that a Fiero? I have a manual and so I don't have the TCC switch, but that picture shows a third switch/pigtail with the purple/pink wire harness that Ryan say's I will need for my TCC wire (C1-30). I ask because I find it odd that a manual car would have the TCC switch/harness on it.

maybe im wrong, so please let me know. If its not a Fiero, then any idea what it is. If i can snag the pigtail from another GM car, that will solve my problem.

Thanks

Rob
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
The first photo is of an auto to manual swap from a thread elsewhere on the forum.

My car has the same brake switch, but does not have the pink/purple torque converter clutch wiring
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

The first photo is of an auto to manual swap from a thread elsewhere on the forum.

My car has the same brake switch, but does not have the pink/purple torque converter clutch wiring

in all your research, have you found another source for the ppl/pnk pigtail harness? I'd have to assume that GM would have used these pigtail/switch's on other cars of the same years. I did a quick search at the junkyard a few weekends ago, and noticed that all the other GM cars of the same years had a lot of extra "plastic crap" covering the footwell area. At the time I didn't have the patience to sit and take it all off to search for the pigtail. I had just broke a ratchet trying to remove a 98 GP Axle.

If you have any other data, i'd appreciate it. I can share what I find too. I may be back in the j-yard on Monday if the WX gets better.

RJ
PFF
System Bot
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2013 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
I have the connector on the parts car and will be pulling it off the weekend of the 2nd. If it has a part number on it, I'll share that, as well as the part number of the pin type.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock