eBay headlight repair kits? by AL87
Started on: 11-27-2012 02:17 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Joseph Upson on 11-28-2012 05:46 AM
AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Direct Link to This Post
Has anyone bought these headlight repair kis and used them without problems?

As always, I am leery about buying fiero stuff from people not openly recognized by a forum. (namely, this one)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIE...&hash=item3f1b3bb131
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Go to www.rodneydickman.com for the head light rebuild kits. $35 from Rodney, a known good supplier.
AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Direct Link to This Post
im seeking opinions on this person, and thier product. I am well aware of rodney's and wouldnt hesitate.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I dont think I am following what you are saying completely....

You say you are leary of buying from the guy on eBay, so someone mentioned Rodney, and you said you are aware of him, but want to know about buying them from the eBay guy? Sorry... am I following it right?

Rodney Dickman is a true Fiero guy, and makes / supplies the highest of quality parts for the Fiero. Nothing to be leary of, and $5 cheaper then the unknown guy, a win win

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

You say you are leary of buying from the guy on eBay, so someone mentioned Rodney, and you said you are aware of him, but want to know about buying them from the eBay guy? Sorry... am I following it right?

Rodney Dickman is a true Fiero guy, and makes / supplies the highest of quality parts for the Fiero. Nothing to be leary of, and $5 cheaper then the unknown guy, a win win

they aren't cheaper than rodney because rodney's are $35 per headlight. but that being said, rodney's gears are far superior to those plastic pieces of crap that some guy selling mustang parts on ebay has.

------------------
there's a Group on 60degreeV6.com for us 660 Fiero owners!

Fiero Owner's group on 60degreeV6.com

I know these lines Look crooked on paper, but I swear I've got them straight in my head.

AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

someone who wants me to rebuild the headlight motors for him wants me to be cheap about it, and I already told him about rodney. im just wondering if anyone has had any good or bad to say about the ebay kits, because he feels rodney is a bit more expensive than he can afford.

[This message has been edited by AL87 (edited 11-28-2012).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
You get what you pay for. Simple as that. If you get the plastic gear e-bay product - get two complete sets so that you have what you need when you do them over.
Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post
I can see how just getting a straight answer to a question instead of opinions along the way can be a challenge here and as a result I don't get an attitude when someone gets upset with me when I follow suit.

To answer your question, I have a gear set that looks like the set in the picture in my headlight motors now. I don't remember for sure if I purchased them from the Fiero store, or Ebay as they have been in the car for about four years now. I did have one fail, and I rotated the bad portion out of range and reinstalled the motor with the same gear. If I have another failure I'll look into purchasing the metal gears.

I believe Rodney's gears are near that price each in metal form, not pairs otherwise I'd have taken that route from the start. I have extra motors so premium gears were not a priority. Buy them, try them and tell us what you think.

My bad, you asked for opinions so strike my comment regarding the ones that don't involve actual experience with the parts.

[This message has been edited by Joseph Upson (edited 11-28-2012).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock