Started on: 11-13-2012 04:15 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Marvin McInnis on 11-15-2012 04:55 PM
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
I just got an auto-dimming mirror with temp and compass like the one shown below.

When I press and hold the TEMP button, the display turns to a flashing degree F - what does this mean ?

When I press and hold the COMPASS button, the display goes through 1 to 15 one number at a time - what does this mean ?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Flashing "F" is set-up for for Celsius or Fahrenheit

The numbers are for the compass region you are in. I don't know what region you are in...stay tuned
Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

When I press and hold the TEMP button, the display turns to a flashing degree F - what does this mean ?

I don't know. Perhaps it means that the external temperature sensor is missing. Consult the mirror manufacturer's documentation. There are only a few manufacturers in the U.S. ... Gentex and Magna/Donnelly probably being the two largest. Your mirror looks like a Gentex, but I can't be sure.

When I press and hold the COMPASS button, the display goes through 1 to 15 one number at a time - what does this mean ?

Those are zones for magnetic declination ... the difference between magnetic north and true north ... which can be substantial in California. You need to consult the mirror manufacturer's documentation to select the proper zone number for your area.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 11-13-2012).]

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Google is your friend

Covers a few models...wiring and use...

http://allscion.com/images/...%20all%20mirrors.pdf

Temperature Functions:
1) Push Temp switch for 3 seconds until display blinks °F or °C. Release, then toggle
Temp switch to select between °F and °C. Release then toggle the temp switch to select either °F or °C. After 5 seconds of no switch activity, display will return to
normal temperature reading.

Compass calibration:
a) Zone Variation: This compass must be set to compensate for the variation between true north and magnetic north. To set variation:
1) Turn ignition on.
2) Using the map, (Fig. 19), to find your geographic location, note the zone that you are in.
3) To select zone, push in the Comp. switch for 3 seconds until the zone selection comes up. Release, then toggle until correct zone is found and release switch. After 5 seconds of no activity, display will return to normal temperature reading.
b) Compass Calibration: This compass automatically calibrates itself while the vehicle is
driven as your route takes you in complete circles. Therefore no calibration should be required, though it may take up to an hour. A quicker method is listed below. If the vehicle’s compass headings become inaccurate, the compass can be manually calibrated by:
1) Turn ignition on.
2) Zone variation needs to be changed for use in different areas of the country.
3) For a different Zone selection, see a3 above.
4) To re-calibrate, hold the Comp switch for 6 seconds until CAL is displayed. Drive
your vehicle in at least 3 circles, allowing 45 seconds to complete one circle.

Rob D.
Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
Bingo!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock