Monsoon Radio pin out.... by kyote
Started on: 11-02-2012 06:44 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Phirewire on 11-05-2012 01:05 PM
kyote

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyoteClick Here to visit kyote's HomePageSend a Private Message to kyoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a 2001 Aztek Monsoon radio on ebay.. didnt come with the radio side plug. Picked one up..( not sure if the wire colors are a match to OEM ..)
The radio has two plugs.. one is a 24 pin..the other is a 12 pin..are they BOTH used?
does anybody have the correct wiring from radio to Fiero ? ( 88 base coupe) I can only match some of the colors from the radio plug to the Fiero plug..
I've checked online and got a color code list but those dont even all match whats on the plug..
Oh..the radio side plug I got is an aftermarket so I am assuming they are not really correct.. so I just need the pin to pin ... form one or both plugs to the fiero plug...

------------------

'86 Fastback SE 5 spd -'94 HD Electra Glide Cassic -'99 Chevy K-1500 Z-71

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thx569

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thx569Send a Private Message to thx569Direct Link to This Post

The 12 pin (black) plug is for a amp booster if equiped. The 24 pin operates the radio and speakers. The problem is the Monsoon head unit is turned on by a handshake with the ECM and not ignition. There are 2 orange wires One large (battery) One small (signal wire) that is where a ignition would be. This radio will not work in your car (I have 6 that I am trying to bypass the security chip on). If you happen to know who has an unlocked Monsoon or someone who unlocks them, please get back to me.

See either or both sites below:

http://www.the12volt.com/
http://www.modifiedlife.com...reo-wiring-diagrams/
P
thx569

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thx569Send a Private Message to thx569Direct Link to This Post

thx569

159 posts
Member since Apr 2006
Another thing. I have all 6 wiring plugs for my radios and the wire colors and wire counts are not all the same.

P
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
kyote

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyoteClick Here to visit kyote's HomePageSend a Private Message to kyoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks..
Raydar, looks like that link shows a different plug. That looks like its close, but looks like a 20 pin plug, and again none of the colors match up, no matter which way I orientate the plug...lol

thx, thanks for the info
slicknick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slicknickSend a Private Message to slicknickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thx569:

This radio will not work in your car (I have 6 that I am trying to bypass the security chip on). If you happen to know who has an unlocked Monsoon or someone who unlocks them, please get back to me.

I think this is doable. Gotta find someone to dump one of those vibe radio EEPROMs and compare the code. Or just start randomly flipping bits.

I did the random bit flipping on GTO clusters and got the thing pretty well mapped out. Surprised myself.
kyote

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyoteClick Here to visit kyote's HomePageSend a Private Message to kyoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this considered Theftloc? or is this entirely something different?
Cuz I have a '99 or '00 Monsoon in my 86.. didnt need to unluck it at all. is why I'm kinda stumped with this one...
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireDirect Link to This Post
Can i get a photo, or 2 of the back and front of radio. Also if its a theft lock is it unlocked?
kyote

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyoteClick Here to visit kyote's HomePageSend a Private Message to kyoteDirect Link to This Post
Here they are...

[This message has been edited by kyote (edited 11-05-2012).]

slicknick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slicknickSend a Private Message to slicknickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyote:

Is this considered Theftloc? or is this entirely something different?
Cuz I have a '99 or '00 Monsoon in my 86.. didnt need to unluck it at all. is why I'm kinda stumped with this one...

It is, but isn't not the same as the theftloc on your 99 radio. Back then, you could just enter a 6 digit code that the radio spit out and clear it. Starting around 2003, they tied the radio into the car's serial bus and let the BCM handle the security. The radio has the cars VIN number in it and the BCM would check that before it gave permission for the radio to turn on.
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyote:

Here they are...

Ew, well. I've never done one of them before. Could be as simple as buying a adapter online or as hard as Splicing every wire and soldering them. Honestly no idea you need to find the wiring guide. As per it being locked, seems highly likely. Have you even tried to power it to see if it works?
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock