Fender flares by lowtrickry
Started on: 10-28-2012 02:01 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: rogergarrison on 11-05-2012 09:48 AM
lowtrickry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2012 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryDirect Link to This Post
Anyone find any fender flares that fit nice on their fiero... universal or frome another car im looking for something that fits pretty close and dosent require to much fiberglass work
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2012 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2012 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

How about this: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000091-28.html ?

Bob

Whatever happened to this car?

lowtrickry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2012 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryDirect Link to This Post
Not exactly i was hopeing for something that contured the body a little better with less trimming... im worried in the trimming process ill trim to far and ruin the flares
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2012 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I think those look pretty nice just as is if you want really wide wheels. Molding them on would be a big mistake. You could mold them on a prototype then make a new mold. But you would need to make all four new complete fenders and prob cost as much as a full body kit (couple of thou).
lowtrickry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2012 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryDirect Link to This Post
So heres my plan... rivid them on in place after trimming to fit the contours of the fender and bumper the fiberglass resin them in and bodywork... it will suck haveing the bumper b one with the fender and quarter and clip in the rear but w/e
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

Whatever happened to this car?

That's Rob's (Amida) project car. He works on it when he's not designing/manufacturing killer stuff for other people.

Bob
lowtrickry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryDirect Link to This Post
Where are the flares from that link from... after reveiw i might be able to work with them. Altho im still looking for more sugjustions
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lowtrickry:

Where are the flares from that link from... after reveiw i might be able to work with them. Altho im still looking for more sugjustions

Rob (Amida) made them for his car. I do not know if he actively sells them, but he sure is capable.

Bob
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Your not going to bond and mold them on with anything that wont fail...they are different materials.

Pontiac Sunbird and Toyota Supra are just two cars that had bolt on flares from the factory. They looked just fine.
lowtrickry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowtrickrySend a Private Message to lowtrickryDirect Link to This Post
So robs flares from the link how did he attach them after triming them to fit
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
We need either some simple bolt on units for the front or 20mm wider stock looking fenders (prefer the latter). Our stock fenders don't cover modern wheel/tire combos well.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I agree. Some of the fiberglass parts experts here need to make new replacement fenders. The rears would be a lot more expensive, but there are other options for the rears.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock