3.1 L by Shonyman32
Started on: 10-16-2012 06:58 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: trotterlg on 10-17-2012 11:25 AM
Shonyman32

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Direct Link to This Post
When building up a 3.1 L using the stock fiero top end and 3.1 L bottom end and all other fiero equipment do you just buy a fiero gasket for everthing?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgDirect Link to This Post
You will likely have a difference in pan gaskets and even the rear crank seal could be different. Depends on the engine. Was it from a RWD or FWD? Larry
Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Direct Link to This Post
im 90 % sure dont have the block to look right now its at the shop buy lets say it is.
trotterlg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgDirect Link to This Post
If the starter is on the same side as a Fiero it is probalby a FWD engine, some were different like an Isuzu and a Lumina van which were iron head engines witht he starter on the FWD side. If you have an engine that was origionally an aluminum head engine then the pistons in it will have a deeper dish in them, this will then make a very low compression engine if you use iron heads on it. Lots of things to think about. Larry
Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Direct Link to This Post
Ive got the pistons that have the lighting bolt on the side as far as i know they are the right ones. It originally was an iron head engine.
trotterlg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgDirect Link to This Post
The bore on the two engines (2.8 & 3.1) is the same, but the pistons are different due to the increaed stroke of the 3.1, so 2.8 pistons will not work in a 3.1 block without using the 2.8 crank which would then give you a 2.8 engine. Larry

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock