Aftermarket seats? by Lamboracer
Started on: 09-25-2012 05:49 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: 85 SE VIN 9 on 09-29-2012 01:07 PM
Lamboracer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LamboracerSend a Private Message to LamboracerDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking to upgrade the stock fiero seats for some racing style seats, but i dont know what would fit sense the car is so small. any help would be appreciated and how about a five point harness?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2012 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
You want seats no more than 21" wide, if i remember rightly. So either take a tape measure or ask before you buy.

I ordered a cheap set off fleabay that showed the measurements, and then picked up another pair used for my other car, which also turned out to be 21" wide.

Again, do your reasearch, now that you know how wide they can be.
IFLYR22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2012 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IFLYR22Send a Private Message to IFLYR22Direct Link to This Post
What Stubby79 posted.
I have Corbeau seats in mine with harnesses. I don't recomend harnesses for street use. There is a lot involved to mount them correctly, and if you are not going to do it right, they are more dangerous than stock belts.

You will have to change the mount points and reinforce those locations, preferred way is to weld in supporting metal at those locations.

-Dave
sc2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sc2m6Send a Private Message to sc2m6Direct Link to This Post
I have a set of second gen MR2 seats that hug u a little more then factory fiero seats. they have manual adjusters and fit and look great. i recomend trying them instead of a set of "racing seats" but thats my opinion. got them at the u pull it yard in north carolina "LKQ" on half price day
85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2012 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Direct Link to This Post
http://www.summitracing.com...ication/?prefilter=0

I saved this, but have been unable to verify the application today. I think they fit.

[This message has been edited by 85 SE VIN 9 (edited 09-29-2012).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock