Started on: 09-03-2012 12:25 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 09-05-2012 09:19 PM
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
If you were going to replace your radiator fan motor what would you use? I thought after 27 years it might be a good idea to look for a replacement. When my present fan motor kicks on I see the voltage meter take a big dip (about .7 volts). Is there a more efficient motor to replace the old one? Or would you replace the fan with an after market unit?

Thanks, Jack
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Bottom of page https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...3/HTML/000127-5.html

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info fierosound, looks like a easy install. The information on the new fan states 2100 CFM and draws 8 to 9 amps. Does anyone know what the stock fan is rated at for CFM and AMPS?

Thanks, Jack
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
I don't know the CFM value for the stock fan but, the motor is rated at 150 Watts and uses 10-11 Amps normally.

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 09-04-2012).]

J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Nolan, looks like I can save a couple amps with the new fan. And + to you guys for the help ....

Jack
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Rad fan does draw amps is normal...
Likely you have iffy grounds in engine bay and G101 G102.
see wire service in cave

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
Not really answering your question, but when I rebuilt the whole front-end of my Fiero...

(picture: http://www.pontiacperforman...roSE/Front_2_lrg.JPG )

I actually took an OEM replacement radiator (pressure tested it) that I found on a Fiero in the junkyard. The radiator was almost brand new. Never hte less, I decided to try to clean it. I used compressed air from my air compressor, and I was shocked at how much crap still blew out of it (I blew the air from the inside out... so opposite from the flow of the air that it would see during use). I tried it on my old radiator that was still good, and I couldn't believe how much crap came out.

While you're at it, you should definitely take the time to really clean that area out. Harbor Freight Tools also sells a "Radiator Fin Straightener" which you can get for like under $5 bucks. Works REALLY well... especially on the condensor (or whatever the A/C radiator is called).

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock