Deal on injectors? by Super Duty Critter
Started on: 07-26-2012 02:29 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: fierofool on 07-27-2012 08:02 PM
Super Duty Critter

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Super Duty CritterClick Here to visit Super Duty Critter's HomePageSend a Private Message to Super Duty CritterDirect Link to This Post
Anybody every purchase from this Ebay vendor? Any good?

http://tinyurl.com/d2g2s8c
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I know nothing about the injectors or company, but I see the injectors are rated at 17# and specified for a Fiero. The stock 2.8 Fiero V6 used 15 # injectors at 43.5 #. These may make a stock engine run a little rich, but might work well in the 3.1 or 3.4 which did use 17# injectors. Also, the Fiero used a pintle style injector rather than the multec disk stylet injector. Stock ECM's sometimes have a little problem operating them efficiently.

If you decide against these, check out www.fuelinjectorconnection.com They're a little closer to you and are wonderful people to work with for either rebuilding, rebuilt, or new injectors.
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiDirect Link to This Post
Just FYI on fuel injector connection- I sent them a set of Bosch pintle injectors from my 86 gt and when they came back the car ran so lean it was undriveable. I reassembled everything multiple times and the problem only went away when I installed a set of used multec injectors. To their credit, they did give me a partial refund.
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
Check the feedback, it's awfully high.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Where did you find feedback? I'd like to see what's happening. I didn't see anything on their site.
Super Duty Critter

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Super Duty CritterClick Here to visit Super Duty Critter's HomePageSend a Private Message to Super Duty CritterDirect Link to This Post
I think he was referring to the ebay feedback being very high, very positive.
Racing_Master

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racing_MasterSend a Private Message to Racing_MasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

... Also, the Fiero used a pintle style injector rather than the multec disk stylet injector....

85 + 86 used Bosch Pintle injectors, 87 + 88 used Rochester Multec injectors. I found this out by pulling a few different engines apart. GM claimed the new Multec injector was "unable to clog" and "never needed cleaning" We know thats wrong now :P. If I remember right there is even a TSB on the Multec injectors stating they don't need to be cleaned.

As for the company, I am unsure of their quality, but those are just reman injectors. They seem like they may work, however they look like Pintle style injectors in pic 1, and in the picture that shows their base, it looks like a 4 port multec injector. The Pintle injectors have caps and the Multec injectors are much more solid and beefy looking at the tip.

like this:

Image and TSB Info from:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...040710-2-046458.html

EDIT:

88s should definately have Multecs, 87 was the switch year so most likely some came with Multecs, some with Bosch Pintles

[This message has been edited by Racing_Master (edited 07-27-2012).]

Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceDirect Link to This Post
The Fuel Injector Connection is a great place to buy injectors. If anything goes wrong with the order, they'll make it right immediately. Their prices are very fair, also.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
The 17# injectors I get from them for the 3.4 swaps with stock ECM are the BMW injectors. Part # 17LK7 made by Bosch. Another number I have is 180 150 941 or 970 but these are 15#. Both flow rates are at 43.5 psi regulator pressure. They run slightly lean, but not enough to cause manifold glow. Adjusting the BMI in the chip will correct the problem. FIC has changed their website design and for the life of me, I can't find anything without calling or emailing them.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock