Visor end nubbins worn? by urbex
Started on: 07-26-2012 10:07 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: urbex on 07-26-2012 04:22 PM
urbex

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexDirect Link to This Post
My visors on my '88 don't stay clipped in to the overhead console/map light thing. The visors aren't floppy/don't fall down, they just don't stay clipped in, and it annoys me to no end. It doesn't feel like they're "popping" into the overhead console like I would expect, and I'm suspecting the rubber nubbin on the end is worn. Are these available anywhere, or a suitable replacement available?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jackdaniels

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2012 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JackdanielsSend a Private Message to JackdanielsDirect Link to This Post
No.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Direct Link to This Post
As brief as Jack's answer may seem, it is the truth. Perhaps later in the evening he may loosen up and go on to say that you can get creative with your old nubbins and wrap electrical tape around them to make them slightly larger. Some places even have tape that matches your nubbin color.
urbex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for urbexClick Here to visit urbex's HomePageSend a Private Message to urbexDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

As brief as Jack's answer may seem, it is the truth. Perhaps later in the evening he may loosen up and go on to say that you can get creative with your old nubbins and wrap electrical tape around them to make them slightly larger. Some places even have tape that matches your nubbin color.

OK, adding that to my winter list of to-dos then. I'm sure that I'll be able to come up with something that will work well, and look "correct" as well. I hesitate to use a band-aid fix such as using tape to increase the diameter...one of those things that just doesn't jive well with my perfectionist tendencies, lol.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock