Replies: 2
Last post by: ericjon262 on 07-06-2012 06:37 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2012 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
I've noticed a few times now that all of a sudden, my 86.5 Auto won't shift up when it is supposed to. I start driving from a full stop and it won't shift to second gear. At the same time it takes more force to press the gas peddle. Usually after a while the gas peddle feels normal and it also shifts normal again. Sticking kickdown cable? TPS?

Another problem I'm having is that even though fluid levels are OK (according to the dip stick) it still shifts up when cornering.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2012 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Late/no up-shift then likely the govern as problem. Dirt will do it...
Govern is part of section that drives the VSS.

If you DIY it... note the Springs inside are critical. Stretch spring then trans won't shift...

See any year Service Manual. http://www.fieronews.net/fusion/downloads.php

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 07-06-2012).]

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2012 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I've noticed a few times now that all of a sudden, my 86.5 Auto won't shift up when it is supposed to. I start driving from a full stop and it won't shift to second gear. At the same time it takes more force to press the gas peddle. Usually after a while the gas peddle feels normal and it also shifts normal again. Sticking kickdown cable? TPS?

Another problem I'm having is that even though fluid levels are OK (according to the dip stick) it still shifts up when cornering.

IIRC, our cars do not have a kickdown cable, they have a TV cable(throttle valve) and the trans (again, IIRC) is throttle valve modulated, and the TV cable should need to be hooked up and adjusted correctly for the trans to operate correctly. you will burn up the trans without the TV cable hooked up. Rodney's cable is an exact fit, and the only exact fit I have found, worth every penny!

------------------
there's a Group on 60degreeV6.com for us 660 Fiero owners!

Fiero Owner's group on 60degreeV6.com

I know these lines Look crooked on paper, but I swear I've got them straight in my head.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock