Need to order the right switch to fix 'Phantom Wipe' by NetCam
Started on: 06-20-2012 06:44 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: buddycraigg on 06-21-2012 10:40 PM
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2012 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamDirect Link to This Post
I've been trying to locate the part needed to get rid of my Phantom Wipe problem (At a reasonable price). From the threads I've read, even though I have an '85 I should go for the '87-'88 switch as they are more reliable. I'm looking on Rock Auto, but can't find the part numbers Iisted in the threads (ACDelco D6372A, GM 26002547). Would any of the following, or all of them, work for my '85 GT with tilt and pulse wipers (No cruise control)?

Standard Motor Products TW20T - $15.24

OE Pro SM200 - $16.11

Standard Motor Products TW20 - $28.79

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2012 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
I looked on GM Parts Direct and found this for the GM number: http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm They said the first p/n was invalid or had changed. I used these folks and quite a few others when I rebuilt my old 53 Chevy pickup. I hope this helps you.

Richard

Edit: I looked elsewhere and O'Reilly's has it as well but with a much better price. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by starlightcoupe (edited 06-20-2012).]

NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2012 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, but unfortunately they don't ship to Canada. I was willing to pay the $51 from GM Parts direct and found out when I tried to fill the order. The part from O'Reilly looks totally different, and also $81. I guess I'll just keep looking... it would be great if one of the above would work seeing the prices are so much better.
hetterbr

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2012 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hetterbrSend a Private Message to hetterbrDirect Link to This Post
Interesting,

I had the phantom wiper issue with my 85 GT. I tried the "fix" that is sold by a member on the forum. It didn't work.

so I replaced this part from the Fiero Store. I no longer have a phantom wiper issue.

84-88 USED WIPER DELAY CIRCUIT BOARD

Part #53119U

Price:$30.00
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2012 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post
Mine was fixed on my 87 GT with a wiper switch for an 88 S-10 pickup.
Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post
At the bottom of the thread you'll find the switch I used, works like it was the correct part from the start. No more phantom wipe and fully functioning delay.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121868.html

You need the wiper switch, not the part that you show above which is for the turn signal.

[This message has been edited by Joseph Upson (edited 06-21-2012).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Yes, above is turn/hazard switch... Not needed for your problem.

see also

Wiper switch substitute

New Wiper control module/board

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 06-21-2012).]

NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamDirect Link to This Post
I purchased and installed the circuit board fix from Rodney. It fixed the wipe problem when starting the car, but did not fix it for when I use the turn signals or hit a bump. Moving on to the switch in the steering column.
Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NetCam:

I purchased and installed the circuit board fix from Rodney. It fixed the wipe problem when starting the car, but did not fix it for when I use the turn signals or hit a bump. Moving on to the switch in the steering column.

That will fix it for sure.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NetCam:

Thanks, but unfortunately they don't ship to Canada.

So have it shipped to somone in the US that you trust and then pay them the cost of shipping to you.
I've shipped USPS to Canada many times, and it's not very much.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock