Seafoam Miracle by 86gtblakjak
Started on: 06-18-2012 02:29 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: bulldog85043 on 06-19-2012 01:14 AM
86gtblakjak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gtblakjakSend a Private Message to 86gtblakjakDirect Link to This Post
My experience was amazing with Seafoam. My oil now shows a consistant pressure no more dancing all over when I dont have my foot on the gas. Now the car reaches operating temperature more quickly and sustains it. I did all three treatments options at once vacuum line on the brake booster do this slowly. In the crankcase as well just dumped it in and now the car is firing hot and running with more spice. In the gas as well and now my exhaust sounds like it actually is breathing better. I know that SeaFoam got a bad rep from some people online but if I am willing to use it in my only mode of transportation currently and if our family friend puts it in his 68 firebird then I'm sold on its ability and quality. If anybody wants to know specifics how I did it Im going to do another treatment this week.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
Haters will hate and all that...
I've not tried seafoam myself, but I've tried other products that do similar things and have been happy with the results. They're a good way of reviving a poorly treated engine.
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungDirect Link to This Post
Funny, I put two cans of seafoam in my fuel tank after sitting 5 or 6 years cause I knew there would be varnish and other gunk in there, but the fuel I pumped out was slightly orange after sitting two days. I then used one can of Chemtool in the tank for two days, and the fuel I pumped out was brown. After dropping the tank, and replacing the hose in the tank for the fuel pump, I used another can of Chemtool with a couple of gallons of gas to flush out the tank while it was off, and more varnish and gunk came out, again the fuel was a thick brown color.
If you read the labels, seafoam does not say what is in the can, except petroleum distillates (kerosene?) , but Chemtool does, and that stuff is what makes it work!
I am sold on Chemtool over seafoam, the stuff works and they say what is in it.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanDirect Link to This Post
vacuum line on the brake booster? How much did you pour in the crankcase? I've heard of doing that running at pretty moderate speed for 100 miles and then changing the oil. Heard of it more with marvel mystery oil though not sea foam.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I have never heard anything bad about seafoam and have used it in the past.
B12 Chemtool is just stronger and harsher. I've used it too.
As always none of these can fix a serious mechanical problem, they only clean.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-18-2012).]

86gtblakjak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gtblakjakSend a Private Message to 86gtblakjakDirect Link to This Post
Yup in the vacuum line. it worked well. The best results are in the vacuum line from what I saw. The thing that made it work the best was 5.3oz in each of the 3 locations. You will see the smoke and smell the mess coming out of your exhaust so do it outside its no joke how much of a mess spits out. The Crankcase was suggested on the bottle. Im actually changing my oil today and then going to do another treatment. Here is the link to the example of the vacuum line on the brake booster. Ive heard good things about MMO as well I just have no experience of using it.

Here is a link to show you one of the locations.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6bzb4FHqds

[This message has been edited by 86gtblakjak (edited 06-18-2012).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86gtblakjak:

Yup in the vacuum line. it worked well. The best results are in the vacuum line from what I saw. The thing that made it work the best was 5.3oz in each of the 3 locations. You will see the smoke and smell the mess coming out of your exhaust so do it outside its no joke how much of a mess spits out. The Crankcase was suggested on the bottle. Im actually changing my oil today and then going to do another treatment. Here is the link to the example of the vacuum line on the brake booster. Ive heard good things about MMO as well I just have no experience of using it.

Here is a link to show you one of the locations.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6bzb4FHqds

I don't usually use it in a crankcase. Alot of the time you may end up with an oil leak because it cleaned away old build up, same problem people talk about with switching to synthetic oil. I have in teh past ran a quart of auto trans fluid in place of a quart of oil, for about 100 miles, or even just idling before an oil change. It has more detergents. But these days I don't even see the need for that. Changing the oil on time, and having a good filter seems to take care of any filth.

MMO is even less harsh and more lubricating. I had a noisey fuel pump in a formula, and running MMO in the tank literally immediatly quieted it. Then later I changed the pump when I had time.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-18-2012).]

86gtblakjak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gtblakjakSend a Private Message to 86gtblakjakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I don't usually use it in a crankcase. Alot of the time you may end up with an oil leak because it cleaned away old build up, same problem people talk about with switching to synthetic oil. I have in teh past ran a quart of auto trans fluid in place of a quart of oil, for about 100 miles, or even just idling before an oil change. It has more detergents. But these days I don't even see the need for that. Changing the oil on time, and having a good filter seems to take care of any filth.

MMO is even less harsh and more lubricating. I had a noisey fuel pump in a formula, and running MMO in the tank literally immediatly quieted it. Then later I changed the pump when I had time.

I completely agree with you about the oil leak being a possibility. I had actually considered doing the auto trans fluid in it instead of Seafoam but a friend mentioned that he uses it and MMO and has seen alot of improvement. I ran the Seafoam since yesterday in the crankcase so about 50 miles and today its getting taken out. I may run MMO in it to see if I can squeeze more improvement out. The other thing I've been reading about is the Eathanol leftovers that has been a problem in small motors leaving gel and fouling the carb. I guessed it was worth a shot to see if I could get the idle and purr to be more consistant The main reason my car is getting a cleaning is due to the ownership before me. Great guy but lacked the drive to care for this car anymore thus he sold it. Plugs had not been done since 91 when I bought it in January and no other major maintenance either. However she only has 67,XXX original miles on her so shes still in the breaking in stage.
86gtblakjak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gtblakjakSend a Private Message to 86gtblakjakDirect Link to This Post

86gtblakjak

14 posts
Member since Dec 2011

Originally posted by crashyoung:

Funny, I put two cans of seafoam in my fuel tank after sitting 5 or 6 years cause I knew there would be varnish and other gunk in there, but the fuel I pumped out was slightly orange after sitting two days. I then used one can of Chemtool in the tank for two days, and the fuel I pumped out was brown. After dropping the tank, and replacing the hose in the tank for the fuel pump, I used another can of Chemtool with a couple of gallons of gas to flush out the tank while it was off, and more varnish and gunk came out, again the fuel was a thick brown color.
If you read the labels, seafoam does not say what is in the can, except petroleum distillates (kerosene?) , but Chemtool does, and that stuff is what makes it work!
I am sold on Chemtool over seafoam, the stuff works and they say what is in it.

I'll have to try Chemtool in the tank then. I'm just sold on the whole chemical clean for the motors now. This was a nice surprise to have any product actually do what it says it does.
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungDirect Link to This Post
Put a can of Chemtool in your tank and fill it up. When you have used 3/4 of a tank of gas, disconnect your fuel filter and drain it into a clear jar, you won't believe the filth that will come out. I put a new filter on afterwards as the old one was full of gunk!
You could drain the filter before using Chemtool, just to see what seafoam has done, then use the Chemtool.
Marvel Mystery Oil is good stuff, I have used it in various applications for over 25 years now. You can add it to the fuel for top end lubrication and to the oil for a boost to the lubricity. Don't add it to the washer fluid tho, it causes streaks...
gmctyphoon1992

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Direct Link to This Post

Marvel Mystery Oil is good stuff, I have used it in various applications for over 25 years now. You can add it to the fuel for top end lubrication and to the oil for a boost to the lubricity. Don't add it to the washer fluid tho, it causes streaks...

Marvel Mystery Oil is my stuff to use.. been using it forever for lubricating, cleaning, everything.. Put some in the throttle body cleans it out and make the motor idle soo much better.. Have used Seafoam but never really saw Huge effects from it.. I guess it works good for different uses..
PFF
System Bot
bulldog85043

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2012 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bulldog85043Send a Private Message to bulldog85043Direct Link to This Post

Don't add it to the washer fluid tho, it causes streaks...

I couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes after reading this!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock