Started on: 05-26-2012 01:45 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Gokart on 05-27-2012 04:00 PM
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2012 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I apologize for flooding the tech section today but with 3 days off it's giving me a chance to get everything done for the season
Is it normal to hear a clicking sound coming from here

when I have the A/C button pushed in?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2012 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
Yes, at idle it should click on, run for about a minute and then click off. Then do it again. Ambient temp will affect greatly how oftem it cycles.
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2012 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
That's a relief...Thank-you
It's hot here today so that must explain it clicking quite a bit.
Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2012 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
The warmer it is, the less it will cycle. If it cycles often and it is warm you are likely low on freon. If you have 134A in it and the preasure switch was not adjusted properly for the conversion it will cycly to often also.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2012 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoDirect Link to This Post
Mine does the same thing and it will freeze ya out of the car to the point where I need to turn the fan all the way off after a minute ! There is a screw under the pressure switch connection (up front) that needs to be adjusted. I just don't remember if it get turned clockwise or counter to slow down the "clicking". anyone ?
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone here know for sure "which way to turn the adjustment screw" to get it to "Cycle LESS"?? Thanks
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I'd be curious if there's any advantage besides not having to hear the clicking as much. Would there be any disadvantage if the adjustment was made either?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock