Please identify these brake brackets. by katore8105
Started on: 04-22-2012 08:55 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: outlawfiero17 on 04-25-2012 02:19 PM
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
picked these brackets up last weekend. The ones on the right I have positively identified as the Seville Front Caliper brackets. I do however want to know what the two on the left are. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Direct Link to This Post
those are the ones used for the lebaron rotor gm caliper brake swap...but i think they use the seville calipers on the rear.
look here
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/109048.html
or do a search on lebaron brakes...lots of info,
hope that helps.
al
outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
ace is correct thats the same set i have at home hiding under the bed.

if your planning on using them and want to keep your parking brake your missing two brackets.
friendofyours can make them if you ask.
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by outlawfiero17:

ace is correct thats the same set i have at home hiding under the bed.

if your planning on using them and want to keep your parking brake your missing two brackets.
friendofyours can make them if you ask.

So the rear ones with the oval cut out are the ones I want for the rear if I want to keep Parking brakes?
I've found lots of content on the seville front and rear brackets but the set on the left in the picture above are not them. Just the right ones. Does anyone have any pictures of the brackets you are speaking of? Thanks!
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post

katore8105

1519 posts
Member since Dec 2009
To clarify, are you talking about the brackets seen here on the right or other brackets?
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/046895.html

Edit to add: I have compared the brackets on the left directly to the SeVille rear brackets and not only do mine not have the oval cut out, The threaded holes are not in the same place.

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 04-23-2012).]

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Direct Link to This Post
katore,
look at the pic here....top right
http://www.fieroaddiction.c...n_page=index&cPath=3 (yea i know it is small and fiero addiction is not making these annymore) but it looks like you have an earlier design. there have been several designs and tweeks of this set up. i have never done it but i was concidering it and read alot of the postsabout it. i really don't think the oval hole you see does anything but shave weight from one of the brackets and that is another tweek of the design. some were made with the calipers rotated slightly to help with connecting the ebrake or brake hose ( i can't remember). if you click here http://www.fieroaddiction.com/brakes.html you can scroll down and there is a list of which calipers to use and where. the front calipers are not seville...unless someone tweeked the design again to use seville ones on the front. archie and some others still make this set up in some form.
if you click here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050410-1-048366.html you will see the drawings of brackets similar to what you have and the two small brackets reffered to earlier in this thread for the ebrake cable.
hope this helps.
al

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 04-23-2012).]

katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

katore,
look at the pic here....top right
http://www.fieroaddiction.c...n_page=index&cPath=3 (yea i know it is small and fiero addiction is not making these annymore) but it looks like you have an earlier design. there have been several designs and tweeks of this set up. i have never done it but i was concidering it and read alot of the postsabout it. i really don't think the oval hole you see does anything but shave weight from one of the brackets and that is another tweek of the design. some were made with the calipers rotated slightly to help with connecting the ebrake or brake hose ( i can't remember). if you click here http://www.fieroaddiction.com/brakes.html you can scroll down and there is a list of which calipers to use and where. the front calipers are not seville...unless someone tweeked the design again to use seville ones on the front. archie and some others still make this set up in some form.
if you click here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050410-1-048366.html you will see the drawings of brackets similar to what you have and the two small brackets reffered to earlier in this thread for the ebrake cable.
hope this helps.
al

You are the man ace. Thank you!
a + for both of you!

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 04-24-2012).]

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Direct Link to This Post
any time. good luck with the swap.
outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
Sorry forgot ive been on the road. So connection is hit and miss.

The parking brake brackets look like boomerangs. Like previously mentioned there are a few different verions out there. I have the seville front and rear set up. Havent installed it yet but planning to once i get home. Tracking down just the boomerang brackets was a little difficult though.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock