BOLT PATTERN by nightonfire
Started on: 04-13-2012 06:39 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: nightonfire on 04-15-2012 10:51 PM
nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
I know the bolt pattern is 5x100, and I currently have wheels with 5x103. so the variance of not having to be "EXACTLY" 100, what I am lookng to find out is will 5x112 work. I am looking for a knowledgeable and technical answer, since this is a a vital componenant. So please answer if you have the background, knowledge to, no guessing or maybes,

Thanks Again for your help
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Who makes 5x103? I've never heard of it.

5x112 won't bolt up correctly, if at all. Even with 5x103, you're putting huge side loads on the lug studs. Very dangerous to drive that way.

The only way to use 5x112 is to redrill your hubs and rotors, assuming there is enough material there.
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post
I cant find a 5x103 bolt pattern either....Sooo

I'm guessing maybe, your measurements are wrong? Peep this link for bolt pattern cross references. Note there are no values of 103mm...

http://www.roadkillcustoms....ference-Database.asp

Also I'm GUESSING that MAYBE your approach to seeking help here is all wrong. Personally when I ask for advice here, the guesses and maybes are welcome. I understand its a personal safety concern. However I further understand that I wont always do what others tell me too!

Good luck wth your quest for knowledge!
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
I may be off on the offset, I've had these rims over12 years,

Thanks for the info
FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nightonfire:
I may be off on the offset, I've had these rims over 12 years,
Thanks for the info

In the intrest of clarity and understanding, perhaps you could remeasure the wheels dimensions and also explain how you made these measurements. Pictures would also help.
I personally have never heard of a 5x103 bolt pattern.
~ Bob ~

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

I know the bolt pattern is 5x100, and I currently have wheels with 5x103. so the variance of not having to be "EXACTLY" 100, what I am lookng to find out is will 5x112 work. I am looking for a knowledgeable and technical answer, since this is a a vital componenant. So please answer if you have the background, knowledge to, no guessing or maybes,

Thanks Again for your help

It won't work due to the greater degree of variances between the two bolt sizes (if you had 5x112 and wanted to use 5x114.3-you could). A company here in CA makes wobbles lug bolts. The wobble lug nuts is a two piece lug nut that has a seat which wobbles while the lug nut is tightened. The # is 1 (818) 998-6005, but in your case it won't work.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
FWIW - some volvo's have used a bolt pattern very close to 103mm: 102.95mm x 5 on the 960 and 103.58mm x 5 on the XC70...
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroBobo:

In the intrest of clarity and understanding, perhaps you could remeasure the wheels dimensions and also explain how you made these measurements. Pictures would also help.
I personally have never heard of a 5x103 bolt pattern.
~ Bob ~

It is 5x105.... Anyways will have to reverto plan A- have custom hubs with desired bolt pattern done.
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post

nightonfire

1015 posts
Member since Feb 2004

Originally posted by madcurl:

It won't work due to the greater degree of variances between the two bolt sizes (if you had 5x112 and wanted to use 5x114.3-you could). A company here in CA makes wobbles lug bolts. The wobble lug nuts is a two piece lug nut that has a seat which wobbles while the lug nut is tightened. The # is 1 (818) 998-6005, but in your case it won't work.

Hey Madcurl- thanks for the info, but like i wrote earlier, looks like im gonna go custom once again....
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Hey Madcurl- thanks for the info, but like i wrote earlier, looks like im gonna go custom once again....

Well, don't be shy. Let's see the wheels. There was a set of HRE in that bolt pattern a month ago. Hmm. I'm wondering was it you who snatch them up?
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
Make sure you measure the pattern correctly. Click here.
PFF
System Bot
FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:
FWIW - some volvo's have used a bolt pattern very close to 103mm: 102.95mm x 5 on the 960 and 103.58mm x 5 on the XC70...

Guru, thanks for the info, I never knew that.
I guess its true that you learn something new every day.

Thanks again.
~ Bob ~

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Well, don't be shy. Let's see the wheels. There was a set of HRE in that bolt pattern a month ago. Hmm. I'm wondering was it you who snatch them up?

Finally found what I was looking for in 5x100 !!!!!! Over 12 years to find what I really wanted, as for pics not till I get them and powder coat them ; )

[This message has been edited by nightonfire (edited 04-15-2012).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock