Started on: 02-27-2012 02:08 PM
Replies: 32
Last post by: nosrac on 06-04-2012 03:59 PM
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
For easy mounting of a Turbo using a stock 3800 Rear Exhaust Manifolds. 1/2 inch thick, 3" ID, 304 stainless steel, CNC milled, smooth transistion airflow...and NO welding required.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroall

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallDirect Link to This Post
Did you make it? Are you selling them?

Thanks.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroall:

Did you make it? Are you selling them?

Thanks.

I didn't make it but I can get some made for anyone who wants one.
I am trying to get the guy who made it to list on his ebay site so I can be left out of the transaction.

Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
I don't like it. I can't see the 2 bolt side sealing very well under the pressure caused by the turbo.

Are you going to stud that flange?

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 02-27-2012).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

I don't like it. I can't see the 2 bolt side sealing very well under the pressure caused by the turbo.

If I also get it tack welded would that give you a warm fuzzy..
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

fieroall

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallDirect Link to This Post
I like it the way it is. Let me know where I can get one.

Thanks.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Do not like.

I would still weld it, at least after you have it bolted in place.... Having just a catback hanging off that flange has given justin and I tons of problems.. I would only imagine what a turbo and the turbo exhaust would do to it.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

I like it the way it is. Let me know where I can get one.

Thanks.

I will let you know as soon as I hear back from the guy who made it for me.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Do not like.

I would still weld it, at least after you have it bolted in place.... Having just a catback hanging off that flange has given justin and I tons of problems.. I would only imagine what a turbo and the turbo exhaust would do to it.

I will get it tack welded just for good measure but I love how it fits. Trying to weld a rectangle to a circle is much harder than it looks. However, a caveman could weld this on and it still look like a factory job with OPTIMAL airflow. Some are ok with blocked airflow, hacked up manifold, and ugly looking welds. Me, I want performance, quality, and beauty and this adapter fits the bill. Whats not to like? Fits like a glove and no welding needed unless you want to.
fieroall

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Do not like.

The turbo will need a good brace for sure.
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

On my turbo 3.4L, I fabricated a special spring mounted (free floating) support stand/bracket for the turbo. The Garrett T3/T4 turbo is firmly supported so it can't stress the pipes, but there is room for expansion movement. That insures no breakage. I would not hang a turbo on an exhaust manifold or pipe. If piping is needed to route, I would also recommend using only stainless steel . Mild steel will work but won't last as long.
I like the turbo mounting adapter flange design shown in this post. Ingenious idea.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

I will get it tack welded just for good measure but I love how it fits. Trying to weld a rectangle to a circle is much harder than it looks. However, a caveman could weld this on and it still look like a factory job with OPTIMAL airflow. Some are ok with blocked airflow, hacked up manifold, and ugly looking welds. Me, I want performance, quality, and beauty and this adapter fits the bill. Whats not to like? Fits like a glove and no welding needed unless you want to.

The flange does look really nice. I just don't like the idea of using those two bolts that are so far apart. Put a bead all the way around it and it'll be perfect!

------------------
11.54@132.7

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, I was thinking of some kind of T bar or L bar bolted/welded to the cradle and trunk wall.
MstangsBware is also working on a rear mounted Turbo for his car and has a few ideas about some bracketry.
fieroall

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallDirect Link to This Post
It has to be bolted to the engine. Cannot bolt the turbo bracket to the body or cradle. The vibration and movement of the engine will result in cracks. The best would be to have 2 brackets one going up and bracing the turbo to the head and another bracket going down and bolting somewhere above the oil pan. 1/4 inch steel bracket would be OK.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
What about some half inch bars like this? welded from flange to flange.

------------------
11.54@132.7

fieroall

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallDirect Link to This Post
You'll need something from the bottom too. From the turbo exhaust housing to the block.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

What about some half inch bars like this? welded from flange to flange.

I'm basically copying your setup with a lighter Turbo 18lbs. You don't have any support. Great idea though.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post

I'm basically copying your setup with a lighter Turbo 18lbs. You don't have any support. Great idea though.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it but others want you to brace it up.

------------------
11.54@132.7

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it but others want you to brace it up.

I am going to brace mine for precaution.....going to go from maybe cradle to turbo....but will see when time comes..
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

I am going to brace mine for precaution.....going to go from maybe cradle to turbo....but will see when time comes..

It's not running yet???

------------------
11.54@132.7

PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

It's not running yet???

Havent touched it since I posted picture in ur Thread...been busy on others cars...
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! Yea I would additionally weld it after it was bolted on, however, this bracket also insures that your turbo is perfectly mounted perpendicular and flat. What is the cost of this bracket?
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
I paid $60 plus shipping. I assume they will be a little less if offered on website since mine was a custom job.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Care to share the drawing/ cnc program of that part?
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post

I paid $60 plus shipping. I assume they will be a little less if offered on website since mine was a custom job.

That is a good price.

------------------
11.54@132.7

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I got my flange from the same guy as he was the best priced I could find....Thick flange and nicely made....

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Care to share the drawing/ cnc program of that part?

I wish... All I have is what I posted. The guy (Joey) is very busy as he has NOT been answering emails.
I told him to use a 3800 Gasket to build the adapter to the correct dimensions and he did a great job.
I was thinking about having a run of 10 or so made but decided that he could just sell them from his ebay site instead.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
With the weight that will be hanging off the end and the temps that the manifold flange will see, I too would recommend welding the flange solid to the manifold.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2012 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
stickboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2012 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickboySend a Private Message to stickboyDirect Link to This Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140...acat=&_fvi=1&vxp=mtr

The description says it fits a stock Fiero V6. Something tells me this guy didn't know you swapped the motor......

PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2012 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stickboy:

The description says it fits a stock Fiero V6. Something tells me this guy didn't know you swapped the motor......

Hopefully he gets that corrected as i sent him some wording updates. I think he forgot the details of what he built.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
Get em while there HOT...Ladies and Gents !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140...acat=&_fvi=1&vxp=mtr

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 06-04-2012).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock