88 2.8 T-tops by 07Hoffmannd
Started on: 02-24-2012 01:23 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: 07Hoffmannd on 04-24-2012 06:11 PM
07Hoffmannd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2012 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 07HoffmanndSend a Private Message to 07HoffmanndDirect Link to This Post
i just got a new fiero, and its an 88! ive got alot of plans for it so im going to start documenting it. and for all you pic lovers, i love pics too. so i shouldnt dissapoint.

im excited about the car cause its way better than the last one i had. my first fiero was an 84 2.5 no power anything, the cruise control was broken and so was the air conditioning (i live in st. louis so you can only cruise with the windows open for a month or 2 before its scortching or freezing out). eventually the engine died too. i tried a swap but i ended up selling it anyway. heres the thread on that car https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/106339.html
aslo, the 88 has t-tops, which is awesome. working heat, AC and cruise control. its also the 2.8 which is way better then the iron duke

without boring you too much here are some pics ( i have to use photo bucket cause PIP doesnt work with macs)

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

i already have a list of stuff i want to do to this fiero. what ive already done is get a new catalytic converter and a new starter for it.

what i want to do is...

1. fix the paint (a few faded spots on hood and in front of the t-tops)
2. sound system (speakers are shipping to my house already)
3. touchscreen stereo
4. install power locks
5. install proximity locks/push button start/ alarm system
4. the power trunk latch isnt working
5. i already broke the left paddle on the horn
6. paint the intake manifold
7. and the engine has a misfire

those are not in order of importance.

i already have a lead on parts for the power locks. hopefully that works out. cause i cant do the alarm system without power locks.

this pic illustrates the faded paint better

if you have any questions or comments, or you wanna see a specific pic of something, just let me know. ill be updating frequently, i hope
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2012 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Direct Link to This Post
Make sure your car info is posted with "88 database guy".
07Hoffmannd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2012 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 07HoffmanndSend a Private Message to 07HoffmanndDirect Link to This Post
What is that?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2012 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Direct Link to This Post
There is a thread where we are collecting information on all 88s. Your car may already be on the list, but it does not hurt to tell the database who has the car now....just do a search for '88 database guy' and pick the one with just that for the title, and the thread will explain itself..(if you want to read it all).

Nice Car!

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 02-24-2012).]

07Hoffmannd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 07HoffmanndSend a Private Message to 07HoffmanndDirect Link to This Post
ok cool. thats a good idea.

my sound system came in today!

those are both BOSS audio. tho one box is the 2 dash speakers, and the other box is a shallow mount powered sub with 900rms.

im installing it tomorrow. hopefully
07Hoffmannd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 07HoffmanndSend a Private Message to 07HoffmanndDirect Link to This Post
got the sound system installed today. im still gonna get a new stereo at some point

heres the dash speakers as seen through the windshield

and heres the subwoofer, mounted behind the drivers seat.

my other car has 2 10" subs, and they are real nice, but becuase the fiero cabin is so small, this sub does pretty well by itself.

i also did a little cleaning, especially the wheels. they were covered in brake dust.

now i have to wait till next weekend to do anything with it.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Do those T-tops leak?
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
You do know that the 88 V6 coupes were called Formulas
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Nice car!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

07Hoffmannd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2012 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 07HoffmanndSend a Private Message to 07HoffmanndDirect Link to This Post

Do those T-tops leak?

i was told "only if you power wash the top" by the previous owner. so no power car washes.i think im still gonna do it, to see where it leaks and maybe i can fix it. but it just rained today and no leaks. so its all good.

Originally posted by Phil:

You do know that the 88 V6 coupes were called Formulas

yes i did know that, on the other side of the car it says "formula". i dont really care for the lettering on the car but whatever.

i think ill be installing the power locks soon

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121164.html
07Hoffmannd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 07HoffmanndSend a Private Message to 07HoffmanndDirect Link to This Post
heres the power locks im getting from a forum member.

im hoping to be able to install them without having to take off the outer skin of the door.
PFF
System Bot
07Hoffmannd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 07HoffmanndSend a Private Message to 07HoffmanndDirect Link to This Post
my power locks came in today. big thanks to FieroG97J for it. all the plugs and brackets and everything included. so it should be plug and play. now its just up to me to screw it up. ill be putting them in this weekend, weather permitting.
07Hoffmannd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 07HoffmanndSend a Private Message to 07HoffmanndDirect Link to This Post
07Hoffmannd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 07HoffmanndSend a Private Message to 07HoffmanndDirect Link to This Post
not much happening on this car lately. i tool a 400 mile round trip and it made it just fine so thats good.

this is the only thing ive done in a while

i changed this...

to this...

this one is actually for a manual car. it has no button for shifting. so i opened up the center console and disconnected the spring that need the button. pretty easy.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock