Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  The ultimate Fiero dash swap – Miata! (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
The ultimate Fiero dash swap – Miata! by couldahadaV8
Started on: 05-19-2010 07:40 AM
Replies: 170
Last post by: Marine1981 on 07-09-2012 12:15 AM
b0xcar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for b0xcarClick Here to visit b0xcar's HomePageSend a Private Message to b0xcarDirect Link to This Post
I have a finished Fiero/Dino but I can't figure out how to attach a picture

[This message has been edited by b0xcar (edited 09-29-2011).]

IP: Logged
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by b0xcar:

Put it up on photobucket and then click on it and select the IMG file type and copy it. After you put it here, change the leaidn and trailing IMG file type text to lower case img and it should work fine,

------------------

trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

couldahadaV8

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Direct Link to This Post

These are pretty rare and I'd like to see it.

Mine has been a bit stalled for a while, but I'm getting back to it now. The seats are done, just have to be bolted in. I'll tidy up the interior (clean out the tools, etc) then post some pictures of the completed interior.

Rick
b0xcar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for b0xcarClick Here to visit b0xcar's HomePageSend a Private Message to b0xcarDirect Link to This Post

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
WOW! That is beautiful!
couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Direct Link to This Post
OK, now I've really got my work cut-out for me it get it looking that good!

Rick
b0xcar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for b0xcarClick Here to visit b0xcar's HomePageSend a Private Message to b0xcarDirect Link to This Post
good luck on your project Rick. Here are some more pics.

Also, I saw you bought a Triumph GT6. Here is a picture of me in 1984 with my first car at 16.

couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Direct Link to This Post
Hey, maybe I bought your car! It had the original wheels and wheel covers when I bought it, but I like the mini-lite style wheels better. It is a pretty small car but a lot of fun to drive. I couldn't fit Fiero seats in it so I put Miata ones in. I guess I have a thing about Miata's (putting seats in one car and dash in another).

(no, I'm not serious....yours looks like a MKIII and mine is a GT6+)

[This message has been edited by couldahadaV8 (edited 09-30-2011).]

b0xcar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2011 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for b0xcarClick Here to visit b0xcar's HomePageSend a Private Message to b0xcarDirect Link to This Post
mine was titled as a mark-II. Had lots of electrical issues. Also, replacing the rotoflex coupling was a pain.

actually I think mine was a combination of GT6's as it appeared to have parts from different models/years.

[This message has been edited by b0xcar (edited 10-02-2011).]

couldahadaV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Direct Link to This Post

mine was titled as a mark-II. Had lots of electrical issues. Also, replacing the rotoflex coupling was a pain.

actually I think mine was a combination of GT6's as it appeared to have parts from different models/years.

So far my GT6 has been good. Original wiring that has not been tampered with and everything works (for now). Over the winter I'll rebuild the suspension and replace the rotoflex couplings. For those not familiar with this, it's basically a large rubber donut that takes the place of a u-joint. And before you think it is a pretty Mickey Mouse way of doing things, take a look at the rear suspension of the GT40 LeMans winning cars.

But back to the Miata dash install. I've cleaned up the interior and bolted the seats in. I covered them with a 2-tone colour scheme from Mr.Mikes. As everyone before me has said, these are really fantastic quality seat reupholstery kits. The headliner still has to be covered and installed, but it is looking really good:

At some point I'll get around to doing the door panels, but for now the priority is to get the bodywork finished and get it on the road.

Rick
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
Bump. Great install.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay