Flush Mount Headlights by CrazyDragn
Started on: 05-12-2010 12:54 PM
Replies: 96
Last post by: Fastback-Ish on 10-31-2012 05:06 PM
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
I thought I would do a flush mount headlight write up since there is alot of people who like'em and theres really not alot of information with pictures so look here:
http://easttennesseefieroclub.yuku.com/topic/752

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 06-16-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
currie68

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Direct Link to This Post
Are those fog lights you plan on installing
starlightcoupe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. Do you have a photo of the finished install? Is it finished and functional?

I like the way you mocked up the mount and it looks sturdy.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Yeah its sturdy. I used galvanized steel. The mock up is made from one piece of metal. Painted it and installed.

I am installing projector headlights. They give you the option of having them ran as fog lights with attachments however, they are H3 bulbs in HID projectors. They can be ran normal or under HID kits. I planon running them normal unti I get my HID kit if possible.

I do not have it complete as of yet becaue I'm waiting on the projectors to come in. I'll keep posting on here and at the TN fiero website but you'lle have to goto the TN site for the pics.

Thanks for the comments,
Jason.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Added another update.
I will update again this afternoon in more daylight.
http://easttennesseefieroclub.yuku.com/topic/752

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 05-13-2010).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
looks like an updated version of "Tom's headlights."
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post
here are mine that are quite similar to the design you are doing

fierofury

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by awestfield:

here are mine that are quite similar to the design you are doing

I like those.
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofury:

I like those.

Thanks i have to give credit to Arns85GT on the forum for the mounting template but after that i put my own spin to it...

this is my thread where there are more pics

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/080294.html
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Yep, that is very similar to what I have in mind, however, I 'm going to go a step further and place a covering over the top of the light to make them look molded in.

We'll see how it goes, again i will keep posting at the site above at the tN forums

awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CrazyDragn:

Yep, that is very similar to what I have in mind, however, I 'm going to go a step further and place a covering over the top of the light to make them look molded in. We'll see how it goes, again i will keep posting at the site above at the tN forums

yea those are next they will be mounted in on the bucket..... the bucket design is no quite what i want yet the actual lights are mount the the car not the hood

[This message has been edited by awestfield (edited 05-13-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
I plan on cooking some clear plastic and then placing it over the lights on the flush mount and spraying them on the under side to keep a clear glossy look. then I will cut out the area of the lens with a Dremel and then start ooking at my other options too.
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post
i advise not using a dremel as when i tried it was hard to control and get a some what resemblance of a straight line. I used a fine tooth blade with a variable speed blade, slow through the straight edges and fast through the corners ( better control when it's faster but gets really hot and will melt the plastic if your not careful) on the 1/2 in Plexiglas glass i used.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Nice
I have projectors in my flipper hood.
I think they are as bright or brighter than stock, 1/4 lexan covers are pretty thick when your shining a light through them at an angle.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post

i advise not using a dremel as when i tried it was hard to control and get a some what resemblance of a straight line. I used a fine tooth blade with a variable speed blade, slow through the straight edges and fast through the corners ( better control when it's faster but gets really hot and will melt the plastic if your not careful) on the 1/2 in Plexiglas glass i used.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
anyone have a full lighting diagram on the headlights with amber signal?
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post

CrazyDragn

1400 posts
Member since Aug 2009
Bump....
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
What diagram? The stock wire diagram?
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Any diagram. If halo's were attached so that they would comeon during park lights only, could one keep them from blinking?
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Bump
PS40

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PS40Send a Private Message to PS40Direct Link to This Post
how much would you charge for the metal housings that u had to make mines an 87 gt should just drop rite in

im deff interested in that

------------------
All ways on my IPHONE!!!!!!

PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Not sure yet, I'm still messin around with it.
I am making it out of one piece of metal though.
If peoplewant to strt making price suggestion, I'm open.
awestfield

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for awestfieldClick Here to visit awestfield's HomePageSend a Private Message to awestfieldDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CrazyDragn:

Any diagram. If halo's were attached so that they would comeon during park lights only, could one keep them from blinking?

Thats the problem that i was having so i wired it so that when the normal lights came on then the halos where on and then when i switch to brights all four headlights came on it works nicely and lights up the road very nice

PS40

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PS40Send a Private Message to PS40Direct Link to This Post
Idk 75.00 all I need is the metal pieces I'll add my own lighting
fierofury

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post

Thats the problem that i was having so i wired it so that when the normal lights came on then the halos where on and then when i switch to brights all four headlights came on it works nicely and lights up the road very nice

Those are the nicest headlights that I have seen on the forum. I don't like some of the other ones but yours look really nice. If someone starts selling headlights like those for a reasonable price, you can count me in for a set.
PS40

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PS40Send a Private Message to PS40Direct Link to This Post
oh and the clear lens on top almost forgot that lol,i know the price went up with those but i cant even draw a straight line,let alone cut one,

------------------
http://wicked6.wordpress.com

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
You dont have to cut a perfect straight line, Get as close as you can, make sure you stay outside your line. Use a piece of 80 sandpaper on a wooden block and sand the edges straight. After its straight, use finer and finer sandpaper to smooth it out, then some rubbing compound will finish it to perfection. Sand with the edge, not across it.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Or do what I do. Cut a little extra out on the edge and them foldit to a straight line......soooo much more easier.

IDK on the price yet or even if I'm going to manufacture them.
I can work with a couple of people but there are so many people on here that I would not be able to take orders per I am the only person working on them.

So, making them for one or two people right now would be ok and ideal but 50 to 100 = yikes.
PS40

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PS40Send a Private Message to PS40Direct Link to This Post
It's cool but I deff would buy the metal piece. I have a friend that works at a glass shop so the lens be no biggie

------------------

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Got the headlights/projectors in, now to work on the placement of the bulbs.
Not sure if I want both to be round. I might get an oval light to throw in just to see what that would look like.
Plus, Im going to find a way to get the halo's to turn on with the park lights and not blink when the turn signals on.......
jaybeezi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybeeziSend a Private Message to jaybeeziDirect Link to This Post
Careful, I don't know what the laws are like there, but I made some lights like that about 11 years ago & they were plenty bright. But I pulled up to a stoplight a couple cars back and there was a cop in the right lane a car ahead of me, he just sat there and stared at my headlights.. Light turned green, he sat and waited to get behind me to pull me over. Said they weren't bright enough, weren't DOT legal, would possibly blind oncoming drivers if they were aimed incorrectly, etc, etc... Gave me a ticket for it (along with a ticket for a FTA, I was 17..) & I had to put the stock headlights back in.

[This message has been edited by jaybeezi (edited 05-16-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Here is what Im looking at doind also adding in the fact that im going to try and cover them with something like the picture above with the carbon fiber, but here is the look Im trying for:
PS40

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PS40Send a Private Message to PS40Direct Link to This Post
Looking good so far can't wait to see the end result

------------------

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Any non OEM lighting is illegal here in ohio. If it didnt come from the factory, you COULD get ticketed. Ive had a lot of cars with 'illegal' headlites. Trick is to MAKE SURE theyre aimed correctly. It wont attract a cop that way and unless your state has inspections, they will never know. As far as being 'too dim', check out some new cars after theyre about 10 years old. Plastic lenses turn yellow. Lincoln Mark series cars had headlites so poor, they were no brighter than parking lites...yet theyre perfectly legal.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
OK, Got the first set of projectors in today and aimed them perfectly!!!

After i had them aimed up and lined up, i turned them on at night and drove around ----- WOW ------ ABSOLUTLEY AMAZING -------

Now onto getting the second pair in with halos and then to put a masking on it before the lexan cover. Very similar to the carbon fiber layout a few pages back.

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 05-18-2010).]

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Bump
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post
Bumpity, will have more soon
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PS40:

Idk 75.00 all I need is the metal pieces I'll add my own lighting

are you still interested in the casing. If so, i think 50.00 Shipped should do i just for the metal housing.

PS40

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PS40Send a Private Message to PS40Direct Link to This Post
will work for me,u accept paypal
just wandering where u get ur projector lights from,what year car did u use an make

------------------

[This message has been edited by PS40 (edited 05-23-2010).]

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PS40:

will work for me,u accept paypal
just wandering where u get ur projector lights from,what year car did u use an make

I have an 87sport, I use Mookee MK1projectors HID with H3 bulbs.

my paypal is: waltersla@msha.com

I am now starting to fiberglass the lights: Better pictures can be seen on page two.........>

[This message has been edited by CrazyDragn (edited 05-25-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock