Started on: 01-04-2005 11:01 PM
Replies: 301
Last post by: GSXRBOBBY on 07-21-2012 01:33 AM
GSXRBOBBY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I did cut off a good part of the heat shield brackets that are no longer needed and it gave me some extra room plus it gives the firewall a lot cleaner look. I then sanded down most of the spot welds and filled them. Painted the complete firewall and wheel wells with a black metal flake. It did not turn out as nice as I was hoping, but it does look a lot better then it did. I should have spent a little more time with the prep work.

IP: Logged
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

GSXRBOBBY

3122 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Here is the funniest thing we are using a motorcycle lift with a steel plate mounted to it. It has worked out great.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Nice Bobby...I need to get back in the garage myself and get it together. Any chance of getting bigger pics??

Bob
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I can try, I had to down size them off the camera they had a large file. Which pictures do you want to see I could always e-mail them to you. And yes get off your butt and get to work...haha!
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

GSXRBOBBY

3122 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Here is my to do list for the next few times:
1. Get a plan together for the AC lines, any idea guys?
2. Order and build the rear coilovers
3. Run the coolant hoses
4. Workout the wires from the battery to the rear
5. Mount the battery, already bought the stainless polished tray
6. Wheel to fit over the brake upgrade
7. Install the brake upgrade along with buying and putting on the braided stainless lines
8. Finish reinstalling the wire harness "Will" from the forum redid for me
THANKS AGAIN WILL

9. Need to build a shield for the bell housing to cover the hole left where the 2.8L starter was
10. Clean up and repaint a few spots on the motor, trans., and cradle
11. Mount the computer inside the car behind the pass. seat
12. Install the oil cooler on the pass. side where the side air scoop is going to be
13. May replace the alternator while the motor is out
14. Patch the hole on the wheel well that was needed to help fit the Northstar, also there was a hole cut into the trunk from the engine area for a wire harness
"The car had a 4.9L in it at one time?"

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

GSXRBOBBY

3122 posts
Member since Aug 2003
Do need help with a few things, back when I started this had most of what needed to be done thought out in my head. But now I haven't really done much I have a few questions.

1. Not really sure how to run the heater core hoses?

2. There is an outlet on the end of the coolant tube just before the end on the pass. side. What needs to be done with that?

3. The thermostat hose goes to the driver side coolant tube right?

4. Is everyone using an 84 to 87 4 cyl. throttle cable and if so is there any changes needed?
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
B~

there's a "power toy" for XP that you can use to re-size your pics.

http://www.microsoft.com/wi...oys/xppowertoys.mspx

DL / install that, highlight the picture file, right click and your good to go. I find that most are good when you use the med size on there. This will help alot for the file size and request of your fans to have bigger pics.

--Allen

------------------
And it begins again...

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
No picture in particular, I just find it easier to follow if the pics are at least 640x480. I use ACDsee to scaledown and readjust the file size.

I'm doing the coolant lines, also, but your heater lines are totally different than my Aurora lines.

And yes, the top main coolant line on the engine goes to the left Fiero tube and the bottom main line goes to the right Fiero tube.

Bob
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Moving the car again, the location it is at is getting to busy with our work. I have a friend that is a car guy with a 2-1/2 car garage that is willing to help get this car running. It is still somewhat put on the back burner due to the amount of work we have lined up. I do for see some bad weather days were I may get a few things done on the car. When I do I will let you know.
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2008 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
BUMP FOR US NEWBIES!!!
PFF
System Bot
BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2008 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post

BMTFIERO

1187 posts
Member since Dec 2007
BUMP FOR US NEWBIES!!!

OPPS!! EDIT FOR THE NEWBIE!!

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 02-04-2008).]

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I have the car moved to a friends house and I am getting more and more extra time after work to get things done. I hope to start but slowly get more done on the car here somewhat soon.
buds

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for budsSend a Private Message to budsDirect Link to This Post
Nice....How much do you have to do still ?
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post
keep stalling Bobby, I'll catch up to you yet!
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2008 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cptsnoopy:

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 05-10-2010).]

JNUKLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2008 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JNUKLZSend a Private Message to JNUKLZDirect Link to This Post
i am doing the northstar swap with a getrag mg2 tranny and need help finding a pilot bearing to fit
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JNUKLZ:

i am doing the northstar swap with a getrag mg2 tranny and need help finding a pilot bearing to fit
No Fiero Getrag came with a pilot bearing in case you did not know

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buds:

Nice....How much do you have to do still ?

Since it has been awhile since I have done a lot to the car I am going to look over everything I have done. I need to run fuel, coolant, and vac. lines. Finish the wiring that shouldn't be to hard after what Will did for me redoing the harness. That should get the motor running "after any little bugs are removed and/or fixed. Driving it is a different story.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2008 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

GSXRBOBBY

3122 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Ya..ya..ya there Snoopy, I put this off for a long time here to start a business and you've been just sitting on your butt!!! haha
JNUKLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JNUKLZSend a Private Message to JNUKLZDirect Link to This Post
erik thanks for info. the tranny came out of a 94 cavalier z24 does that matter
PFF
System Bot
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

So were are you at anyway?
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GSXRBOBBY:

So were are you at anyway?

If you mean progress on the car, the motor is sitting in the car right now and I am working on the pull style clutch slave setup. I am working for the next several days followed by a week in Germany. I hope to be back on it later this month. The car needs the radiator, heater and purge coolant lines made and then the electrical for the rear of the car (swapped to a GT body) and the engine. Somewhere in between all of that I need to get the A/C compressor flex lines custom made and flush the system. Once the body is back on then I can mount the mufflers and fire up the motor. I am working on it as much as I can as I may end up moving soon (job related) or be out of a job depending on how things go with the airlines. I would hate to have to sell it as it is getting closer to running now.

charlie

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Some parts "not all needed" have been ordered. I will be posting more here soon. Those of you watching this thread sorry for the delay!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
NEW e-mail address ankerenterprises@yahoo.com
Anker Enterprises L.L.C. My 86 GT build thread
MY 88 Northstar build thread

widebody_dreamin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for widebody_dreaminSend a Private Message to widebody_dreaminDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?
Waiting intently, learning a lot.
Thank you for sharing
Scott
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I am restoring a lake house in Cedar Lake Indiana right now. It has a large garage. My plans are to get the house done and then this winter restart doing work on the car. Sorry for the delay on getting back here!
Daviero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DavieroSend a Private Message to DavieroDirect Link to This Post
To re size pictures I open the picture in Microsoft Office Picture Manager and use the edit\resize\% of original command to size the picture to 799 pixels wide since the PIP limit on width is 800. This way the largest width is posted.
Instead of using the Caddi heater tubing, why not hook up the in and out of the heater core ports on the water log to the feed and return tubes of the heater core? I used 5/8 copper tube and a tube bender to bend up tubes to extend the heater core tubing from under the car to up in the engine bay. Looks more stock like, to me at least.

------------------
Daviero - 88 N* GT

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I have the car here at the house, I had a lot of the parts stored in it. I removed them and have them set up and stored. I am going to start working on it each weekend I can. I will start posting a few updated pics when I can.
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post
Duuuudde!!! Good to see you back at it Bobby.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2008 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I need to! I haven't been on here much at all. How far have you got?
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post

I need to! I haven't been on here much at all. How far have you got?

The engine/clutch/trans are together along with one of Russ544's ITB setups. The coolant and fuel plumbing is finished and the electrical is 99% done. There are little things that need adjusting for clearance and some heat shields should be made to protect things that are close to the exhaust but I could add gas and try it if it weren't for mufflers not being installed yet. I had to take 2 weeks off just now to get my yearly recurrent training/check ride completed. Now I can get back at it. I have a guy coming by next week to look at the body and see if he would rather paint it with or without the body on the car. So far the plan is a stock GT body painted white with a red rally stripe(s) from front to rear. I am not sure if I will be using the wing yet or not. Also, I need to find a good set of 5-spoke 17" wheels to fit over the brake setup you sold me. I have not mounted them yet so I will be able to try the car with the stock wheels but those need to get lost asap... The electrical was the biggest hurdle so far but eventually it gets done.
PFF
System Bot
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2008 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I'm back, I have not really been on here much at all. I have been way to busy at work. I need an outlet, and I need to get this car running. Today I am going to pull everything out of the car, it has been a rolling storage shed of parts. Get the car cleaned up and start cleaning the parts and going through them. I have most of the interior parts needed, some will need a little work. The motor is in but it is very dirty. Covered in leaves and such from being parked outdoors. As I start I will try to get some pictures and post them.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2008 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Good to have you back, Bobby.

Now get to work...

Bob
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2008 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Good to have you back, Bobby.

Now get to work...

Bob

Yes sir!
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2008 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I have all the parts removed, somewhat cleaned up the car removing all the leaves and stuff. Laid all the parts out and found some stuff that just needed to be thrown away and other parts that need to be cleaned up. Pulled the shop vac out and finished up the job, finding a lot of....I just say odd items to be finding. Long story short its cleaned up and ready to restart becoming a kickass lil hotrod.

After laying out the parts I found I have a lot of work to do. As I get stuff done I will get them posted, I hope to get a few pictures taken here soon.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
1st Is there anybody out there wanting the tan interior from my 88 GT? I am going to switch to grey and black. I am asking the people watching this build thread who wants it. I am asking since people like this tan stuff.

2nd I am going to start adding the new parts I've bought and have not insteaded yet here soon. I have been busy at work so after I cleaned out the car I laid all those parts out in the garage. I need to find a place to store these items, and move the car in the garage. But freezing rain and below zero temp. have added to a delay.

Little problems with a camera here so as soon as I get that fixed I will get them taken and posted.
BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
edit ....

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 12-22-2008).]

BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post

BMTFIERO

1187 posts
Member since Dec 2007

1st Is there anybody out there wanting the tan interior from my 88 GT? . . .

You got a PM
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Got it.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2008 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Well we had a couple of weeks that the temps. were 10 degrees or lower then we had a day yesterday that shocked me, it got up to 64 degrees. I took that and got the garage set up and we are going to move the car in today. My plan to to start pulling the beechwood dash out when I have time durning the week.
normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello , Wow this is so cool, thanks Norm
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock