Started on: 01-04-2005 11:01 PM
Replies: 301
Last post by: GSXRBOBBY on 07-21-2012 01:33 AM
GSXRBOBBY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HitesFiero:

Ok Bobby I've had enough of your stalling! If you don't get that car done soon I'm gana demand that you sell it BACK to me!

YA YA YA..its not like I haven't been busy,but your right I need to get it running at least before winter so I can fix what needs to be done over the winter

Originally posted by cptsnoopy:

ok bobby, it is a race to see if you or I will get one of these running first!

Game on, just need a few parts and the wire harness from Will. He should be done with it within a week or so I hope!
IP: Logged
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I was waiting on getting my harness back before I moved the car to a friends pole barn but we have a water leak here at the house and its getting moved Wednesday night. I hope to start working on it there on the weekends when time allows me to. So, some new updates will hopefully be coming soon.
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post
Whoot!!!
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2006 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
On Saturday we loaded up the STS and took it to a friends pole barn. Were I will have alot more room to work on it and thats gives me room here at the house to redo and clean up parts and have then ready to be put on the car. I hope to be getting my wire harness back soon and then I can start working Saturdays on this to get it running. I have set a new "due date" to have the car completed. I want it looking good enough, maybe not completely done but close, June 2007. Just in time for a local car show. Then have it complete for the show in Fort Wayne Indiana held by Chris Moore.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
The harness should be completed this weekend.....keep your fingers crossed.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2006 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Well, a week or so ago I got the harness back from Will here from the forum and I have to say just looking at it I could see he completely went over the harness. Each connector was not only cleaned up but resealed and taped up nice. The complete harness was recovered with a high temp. wire loom and alot of the Caddy wires and connectors that are no longer needed with this swap was removed in a really nice clean way. I had 3 bad or missing connetors that he replaced. Well... I really mean well worth the extra money for the swap. Before I have alot of extra e-mails I paid Will somewhat over $500 for the job plus parts. Anybody doing the swap needs to contact WCapmen and have him redo the PCM and then have Will do the harness.

I had extra time today since it was a nice Saturday and went to my friends house where the 88 STS is at and pulled the motor. Got the harness out and started connecting it all up. It has really made this swap so much easier!!! I got it all on with very little problems, most just trying to locate each plug. I am sorry for the lack of pictures but I didn't bring my camera, I will try to remember it next trip.

Next...I need to get the fuel lines made, coolant hoses ran, vacuum lines ran or plugged, run the battery cable to the rear. I am going to run an after market oil cooler from the stock Caddy location, but need to find out if the Caddy oil cooler puts out any oil pressure I need to worry about for how its connected up.

I need to find a local place to make some custom AC lines here soon. My cusins place (Portage Firestone) is going to do the complete exhaust system for me.

I am now shopping for rims so I can get the car able to roll and drive with the large-ass brake upgrade system.

Again sorry for the daily...but I did start a complete new business. So if your Mother.....ing me kiss my butt. I will being trying to get something done each Saturday, some bigger days then others here soon.

The good news for some is I am still talking with Norm from South Bend, "Norms Fiberglass" and after I get the car running and get most and if not all the bugs worked out its getting the famous NormsNose!

So what do you guys thing, is going to keep you guys happy as far as an update?
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2006 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post
what was that slogan? "this thread is nothing without pics"? lol

sounds like your getting some progress done though. I look forward to seeing a pic of you driving it.

[This message has been edited by cptsnoopy (edited 10-29-2006).]

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2006 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
I look forward to continued progress, I'm getting started on mine, Got my electronic stuff from Ryan Hess, ordered my clucth and flywheel from CHRF, got my Getrag a couple of weeks ago and moved the Seville into the garage yesterday. It's time to get my hands dirty, I'll be starting a thread soon, with pics.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2006 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

what was that slogan? "this thread is nothing without pics"? lol

sounds like your getting some progress done though. I look forward to seeing a pic of you driving it.

Sorry!!!!
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2006 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I hope to be working on the car this weekend and getting a few things done. I have since changed my mind on how the cooling system is going to be set up and I will show more later.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
Robby how is the project? If you need any technical help let me know. I am installing one it has been easy. I have very low hours in it. I hung the power-train off the body. I centered it in the engine compartment then attached the mounts to the body. then I replaced the cross bars on the cradle installed the front and rear mounts. I drilled out the holes for the mount then sent out the cradle and had it powder coated. I am using a 98 pcm and it should work just fine. I am using a 2000+ trans with an IMS instead of the Range switch. I reworked both valve bodies, but the weight of the car may cause really harsh shifts. This will be the quickest shift I have ever installed in a 4T80E. I relocated the right dech lid hinge and bracket. It was very simple.
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AJxtcman:

Robby how is the project? If you need any technical help let me know. I am installing one it has been easy. I have very low hours in it. I hung the power-train off the body. I centered it in the engine compartment then attached the mounts to the body. then I replaced the cross bars on the cradle installed the front and rear mounts. I drilled out the holes for the mount then sent out the cradle and had it powder coated. I am using a 98 pcm and it should work just fine. I am using a 2000+ trans with an IMS instead of the Range switch. I reworked both valve bodies, but the weight of the car may cause really harsh shifts. This will be the quickest shift I have ever installed in a 4T80E. I relocated the right dech lid hinge and bracket. It was very simple.

Pictures, Man...Pictures...
Bob

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Pictures, Man...Pictures...
Bob

I was thinking the same thing.

You should start a thread about your build, 'cuz I'd love to see it!
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2006 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Sorry guys, I will get some pictures taken here soon, this weekend I am going to repull the motor and do a few needed things. I had pointed out that one of my motor mounts comes really close to a knock sensor so its going to be "hammered" moved down a small amount. And the Caddy exhaust crossover is on the motor which I am not going to be using.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2006 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

GSXRBOBBY

3122 posts
Member since Aug 2003

This is the mount that is to close to the knock sensor and is the mount that the shaft goes through and mounts the motor.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2006 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Well I was able to get the flywheel mounted the right way (torq to 40 ft. lbs., with lock tight) got the clutch and throwout bearing lined up no problems. I have seen a V-8 kit an old roommate had, we had a ***** of a time getting the trans on each time it was remove!!!! And I have to say that its wasn't super easy but I'm talking about mounting a Caddy trans to a Fiero Trans without any plate.

And NO I didn't have a Camera with me today....sorry! I will try to think of it tomorrow. If I forget call me (800) kiss-mybutt...sorry to many numbers right?!?!?! I will try!!!

Going to remount the motor combo to the cradle and do a few small needed items if I can tomorrow

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I did get a few things done, however the camera I have is not working right now. I am buying my wife a new one for Christmas so I will get them taken and posted as soon as I can. I removed the Caddy overflow tank that I had mounted and I am just going to use an inline filler with matching low pressure caps. One in the filler and the other on the rad. which has already been replaced with a rad. from an Olds 3800 if I remember right before I bought the car.
The bolts were removed and then replaced at 40 FT lbs. and and with lock tight. The pressure plate was torq. at 15 Ft lbs. The motor mount I showed earlier was hammered down about 1/3 of an inch which doesn't seem to be alot but does look alot more comfortable to me. It was then all bolted down back on to the cradle for what I hope is the last time.

I just need to get a few parts ordered here soon and yes get a few pictures taken and posted. Finish replacing the wire harness, "just need to find so nice grounds". Do some trim work to the firewall, remove the brackets that held on the heat shield since I am not going to be using them. I am going to add Dynomat on the inside of the car. Run some fuel lines, Rad. hoses, "not sure how I want them just yet", heater hoses, and mount the P.C.M. Those are my next big item on my to-do list, will be hitting those hard after the holidays and after my honeymoon which is the first week of next year. Talk to you guys later. And again thanks for watching and giving so much support on doing this, hope you all have a great and safe Christmas!!!
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Well, I have a little problem on getting some pictures taken. The place I am working on the car has a little legal issue going on there. I will get them taken and posted here soon.
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GSXRBOBBY:

Well, I have a little problem on getting some pictures taken. The place I am working on the car has a little legal issue going on there. I will get them taken and posted here soon.

That dosn't sound good, I hope every thing works out.

Joe
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2007 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
It will be fine with time, it doesn't really effect me other then one more delay on working on the car. Which its been really cold out so its not that big of a deal. Thanks for asking and your good wishes!
PFF
System Bot
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

It will be fine with time, it doesn't really effect me other then one more delay on working on the car. Which its been really cold out so its not that big of a deal. Thanks for asking and your good wishes!

Any updates?

Joe

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Somewhat....have not been able to get any work done, its at a friends house that is going through some troubles. The heat has been left off for the winter so I am hoping to start again on it next month. I am still hoping to have it running this summer and show ready by fall.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2007 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Well....I have a new plan. The 88 STS is going to a friends house that has a 2 and half car garage. He used to work in a shop and really knows alot about cars. He's willing to help get it running and its going there maybe the weekend after this one. I hope to have it running by late April and alot of the stuff I have bought installed later May. Get a few more items bought to complete a few more things if I am busy at work this Spring. Going to post pictures here soon, will shoot for the big move of the car.
1fastcaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2007 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fastcaddySend a Private Message to 1fastcaddyDirect Link to This Post
bumpity bump

------------------

1985 GT Fastback
Low Original Miles at 41,506!!!
01 Cavalier Z24 16" wheels
KYB shocks
KYB struts with coilovers-coming soon

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
The car is going to a new place to be finished in about 2 weeks. As much as I have been busy at work I am getting the "bug" to get it running. Anybody waiting to see more I am sorry!
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2007 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Heading over to while the car is and I am going to put the motor back in the car so it could roll, then sometime this weekend I am having the car taken to another friends house to get it running. And after that its going to be brought back to my house so I can finish the smaller stuff. The little one car garage I have here is to small to be removing the motor. But should have enough room to do the interior and some of the other things such as the side scoops, wheels, exhaust, etc...
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2007 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I got the car moved today, and should be getting a lot worked out this coming Saturday such as laying out all the parts and going over the car from front to back. My next visit to the car I will take along my wifes camera.
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2007 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
I have taken about a month off and have just been driving my car. I need to pull the engine and check the cam timing, but it still ran a 12.88 the other day.
How are you coming on yours?
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AJxtcman:

I have taken about a month off and have just been driving my car. I need to pull the engine and check the cam timing, but it still ran a 12.88 the other day.
How are you coming on yours?

12's sec with an auto? AJ, what computer are you runing? Most Auto N* are rather slow (track control etc)

JG
AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
99 SLS PCM and Program. It is all good. I wish I would have built the 2000 engine now. I can see how much better the Program is and I would not have to deal with some State Of Health issues. SOH is a data signal that sent out on class II to state basically ( I am here on line and everything is good).
PFF
System Bot
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2007 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
The new business I started has been taking up most of my time and extra money. I did start a to-do list and a needed parts list that I should be able to start in 1 month.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Well its time, or should I say I now will have some extra time on the weekends to get some work done here soon. Going to get some needed parts Friday and going to look over the car and start a new parts list. Going to try to remember the camera and get some updated pictures taken, its been a long time since I even looked the car over.
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

I am getting off my but, what have you got done? Also I lost all my favorite saved PFF links, post your build thread or e-mail me it please.
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post

I am getting off my but, what have you got done? Also I lost all my favorite saved PFF links, post your build thread or e-mail me it please.

Pretty much nada... I painted the mounts and other fabbed stuff but I still need to spend a day or two at the hardware store to get all the correct bolts. Then I have to decide if I want to bother with the Holley or just go with Ryan's setup. (wonder how much tuning it will require to run the Aurora?) Lately I am just redoing the A/C in the 86 because I hate leaving the new car in the sun for days on end at the airport. But, I did purchase all the goodies to get the A/C running in the 88 so I have not given up just yet....

edit: forgot to add link... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/049859.html

[This message has been edited by cptsnoopy (edited 08-15-2007).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
cptsnoopy...

Then I have to decide if I want to bother with the Holley or just go with Ryan's setup. (wonder how much tuning it will require to run the Aurora?)

I think you should use Ryan's setup and get that Aurora running good. This way when my stock setup fails miserably, Ryan will already have the proper tune for mine

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 08-16-2007).]

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Went and pulled the motor today, started a parts list. Going to get the fuel lines tomorrow and start cleaning up the firewall. Going to paint the firewall if I can get all cleaned up, going to fill the small holes and remove alot of items not needed such as the small brackets that did support the heat shield that I am not going to be using. The heat shields are being replaced with some new heat and sound prof asphalt.

I did take pictures today and will do again tomorrow when the firewall is completed. I will post them early in the week.

Thanks again for the support guys that have been reading this build thread.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
First, I am sorry I was not able to get a post here sooner I have been busy with the new business. I now have a fire under my ass to get this running. I had to move the car to another friends house, another friend that is also very busy but willing to help with a lot more room then I have at my place, "one car garage". I have a pictures down loaded and resized. I will post them in the morning after a meeting. I will then give a full update with all the notes I have. Again I am sorry for the delay guys.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
One of the things I need to have done here soon is finish the bottom of the trunk. The owner before cut off the bottom which I will need the room for the muffler. There is just a piece of sheet metal laying in there.

I am hoping this is the final pull of the motor, I just picked up the fuel lines. I got stainless steel braided lines that will be added, the wire harness will be finished getting connected. Also going to add the tube to the front of the cradle, its going to be part of the coolant system. Then all I need is a few 90 degree angle coolant hoses.

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post

GSXRBOBBY

3122 posts
Member since Aug 2003

I have the wheel well on the pass. side that needs to be finished after I cut the needed hole for the extra room.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock