clutch not disengaging? by Darth_Salmon
Started on: 01-17-2012 03:36 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Gall757 on 01-17-2012 03:51 PM
Darth_Salmon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2012 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth_SalmonSend a Private Message to Darth_SalmonDirect Link to This Post
So one day I was leaving the mall and my pedal just sunk to the floor. I let it go and it came back up and everything was fine. 8 miles away from base my clutch just stopped disengaging altogether but the pedal still goes down but it stops about a half inch to an inch before it usually does. I dipped my pinky in the master cylinder and the tip of it was cover in black gunk, kind of like a sludge. Could a gunked up master cylinder be the source of my problems or does it seem more serious?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2012 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Direct Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum!

The fluid has dirt in it that has made the seal in the master cylinder ineffective. If the dirt clears, the master works again....until the seal is ruined....which may have already happened. If there is no loss of fluid, you could use a standard rebuild kit on the Master and things might be okay again. At any rate, you should bleed all the junk out of the system so the fluid is clear.
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock