3.4 PR help needed by treborerellim
Started on: 12-20-2011 10:16 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: BlackEmrald on 12-22-2011 02:55 PM
treborerellim

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimDirect Link to This Post
I'm in the process of putting a camaro 3.4 in my 87GT. I bought a 3.4 from a forum member that went 3800SC. The motor has already been converted and has all the Fiero parts bolted on. My question is. Is it benficial to run the 3.4PR using the stock camaro intake, TB, ECM, and coil packs. Would the engine be better preforming , starting , and idleing and if so what would I need and how should I do it?
Any help would be appreciated and suggestions welcomed. Also I any body out there knows where the parts I need are or has them please let me know.

Thanks, Bob

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Slowbuild

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlowbuildSend a Private Message to SlowbuildDirect Link to This Post
Yes to everything.

People use the fiero intake to simplify the install, but it doesn't perform over 4krpm due to intake restrictions. Also, there are problems with fuel delivery without a tune using the Fiero intake.

Chay
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
The easy nearly bolt in installation is to use all of the Fiero parts. The intake as pointed out wont optimize horsepower but it will allow a plug and play swap. From what I can tell, the addition of a Trueleo intake manifold really wakes up this engine and cures the breathing problem at higher RPM's. If you use the Camaro intake then you are going DIS and a new wiring harness is necessary. If you go through this trouble then perhaps a stronger engine might be the solution .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua: If you use the Camaro intake then you are going DIS and a new wiring harness is necessary.

I'm running a 3.4 V6 with DIS using a Fiero V6 wiring harness. The conversion to DIS was simple and straightforward, and only required minor alteration to the engine wiring harness. If you can splice wires, and can read an electrical schematic, then it'll be a piece of cake.

Of course, you will need an ECM that can run DIS. But the OP mentioned installing a Camaro ECM. That would do the trick... either that or a 7730 ECM.
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
You can have my '95 Camaro PCM. It's gonna be fun wiring that sucker up to the Fiero. Plus it's a PCM, not an ECM as it also controls the 4L60-E trans. And it's a '95 so it's the odd OBD 1.5 flash memory PCM. I went with the 7730 ECM using the 3.4L DIS. Tuning is a process, it's not plug and play either.
Joe 1320

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post
do yourself a favor and go with a truleo intake. The 3.4 intake starts to hit a wall at 3.5-4k rpm. The motor REALLY needs a better intake. It might be adequate for a 2.8 but I curse it on my 3.4.

------------------
84 2.5
87 328 GTB replica
87 Coutach replica

BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldDirect Link to This Post
You might want to look into TLG's dual TB intake as well.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock