Firebird Interior (I think Jscott) by Shill
Started on: 08-07-2011 05:44 AM
Replies: 17
Last post by: jscott1 on 08-09-2011 05:29 PM
Shill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post
I think it was JScott with the firebird interior I liked. Just looking for some pictures to share with others.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post
Looking for the fiero with this dash. THis is a pic from a third gen firebird, not the fiero. Don't let the T-Top confuse you.

[This message has been edited by Shill (edited 08-07-2011).]

bowrapennocks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bowrapennocksDirect Link to This Post
Here is my 87 t-top w/ a 94 Camaro dash and 95 Bonneville doors panels. I think the Camaro dash is a little more difficult than the Firebird because it is smaller and there is less room for the ductwork.

The build is documented here:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-2-097751.html
Jim
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shill:

I think it was JScott with the firebird interior I liked. Just looking for some pictures to share with others.

There are photos of my 4th gen Firebird interior here:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../000119-13.html#p503

I don't know of anyone that's completed a third gen firebird interior, but I imagine it would look very similar to the way it looks in the firebird.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 08-07-2011).]

Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooDirect Link to This Post
Jscott I askerd a question in your other thread in the Construction zone Gesigning dash but never heard from you but basically in the 98 camaro speedo cluster what is the color of the Tach wire ............it is not white as the diagram indicates.?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boogaloo:

Jscott I askerd a question in your other thread in the Construction zone Gesigning dash but never heard from you but basically in the 98 camaro speedo cluster what is the color of the Tach wire ............it is not white as the diagram indicates.?

Sorry I missed your question... On the 98 Camaro it should be identical to the Firebird in terms of wiring.

Colors can sometimes be unreliable so I would always refer to the pin number, which for the tach would be B13. But Every one I have ever seen uses a white wire for the tach so I would be surprised if it was something different.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by bowrapennocks:

Here is my 87 t-top w/ a 94 Camaro dash and 95 Bonneville doors panels. I think the Camaro dash is a little more difficult than the Firebird because it is smaller and there is less room for the ductwork.

Jim

True, but in 97 I believe the Camaro switched to a dash that was very similar to the Firebird and used a cluster that was interchangeable, except it had white lighting instead of red.

Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post
My apologies, always thought of Jscott as the one with the 3rd gen interior. Has been a while, so memory may be off.
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
I may have missed it, but I don't recall anyone having installed the 3rd gen dash (I know it was mentioned a couple of times of maybe doing it).

anyways...
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

I may have missed it, but I don't recall anyone having installed the 3rd gen dash (I know it was mentioned a couple of times of maybe doing it).

anyways...

I don't recall seeing one. If someone has done it, they have not posted it here.

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I posted a bunch of pics of a third gen Firebird dash, at one time.
I'd like to do one, but I haven't.
I used to have an '88 Firebird Formula. Had the best instrumentation I've ever seen in a car.

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fastback

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-08-2011).]

Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post
It was a few years ago, could have been someone posting their firebird, and I quickly glanced over it and saw it as a fiero.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I posted a bunch of pics of a third gen Firebird dash, at one time.
I'd like to do one, but I haven't.
I used to have an '88 Firebird Formula. Had the best instrumentation I've ever seen in a car.

But in a Fiero? That is the question. In theory it shouldn't be too much more difficult than the 4th gen but it's smaller so less room to deal with the duct work.

I too like the aircraft inspired dash on the third gen. I had an 88 trans am and I loved that dash...except for the lack of glove box, (shares that problem with the Fiero.)

Todays' dashes are a bit overdesigned and waste a TON of space with all the curves. I'm not a big fan of the pods on the Fiero, but in my opinion the 3rd gen Firebird got it right.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

But in a Fiero? That is the question. In theory it shouldn't be too much more difficult than the 4th gen but it's smaller so less room to deal with the duct work.

I too like the aircraft inspired dash on the third gen. I had an 88 trans am and I loved that dash...except for the lack of glove box, (shares that problem with the Fiero.)

Todays' dashes are a bit overdesigned and waste a TON of space with all the curves. I'm not a big fan of the pods on the Fiero, but in my opinion the 3rd gen Firebird got it right.

I was even considering just using the instrument panel selection and maybe the center vent, and constructing a pod to go around it all.
Well... not really a pod, but something to house the panel. It may be difficult to do without making it look hokey, however.
Also, these things arent exactly falling out of trees any more, especially in good condition.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
Also, these things arent exactly falling out of trees any more, especially in good condition.

Yeah that's the additional challenge of the third gen is that it's just as old if not older than the Fiero. Can't hardly expect to find a 25 year old dash in the boneyard in excellent condition. If you do find one in excellent condition the owner acts as if it's made out of solid gold.
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shill:

Looking for the fiero with this dash. THis is a pic from a third gen firebird, not the fiero. Don't let the T-Top confuse you.

I just noticed that the car in this picture seems to have the 4th gen console installed. Back when I was last into (89 model - didn't care much for the body GFX changes after) the 3rd gens they all had a flat top console vs the curves of the 4th gen.

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 08-09-2011).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

I just noticed that the car in this picture seems to have the 4th gen console installed. Back when I was last into (89 model - didn't care much for the body GFX changes after) the 3rd gens they all had a flat top console vs the curves of the 4th gen.

I noticed that too. But I wasn't 100% sure they didn't sneak in a console like that in the final years of the 3rd gen in '91-'92 timeframe.

EDIT - No a quick google search reveals that the 3rd gen never had a console like that.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 08-09-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock