Help with R-134A ACCUMULATOR by jackcastro
Started on: 06-12-2011 06:44 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Marvin McInnis on 06-13-2011 01:40 AM
jackcastro

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroDirect Link to This Post
I am fixing my A/C on my 1987 GT, and will install a new compressor and accumulator.

I want to install an accumulator for R134a, not the R-12 with a retorfit valve. I believe the Fiero Store sells the original accumulator, for R-12. Does anyone know which year and model car has the same hose configuration, a bolt on option?

Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Most stock acc with Desiccant inside is compatible with either.

Fitting depend...
1 reason is clutch cycle switch needs R12 fitting.

Low side just need cheap refit adapter.
High side needs own valve.
See my cave, ac section.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 06-12-2011).]

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
I buy replacements @ Auto Zone for whatever year Fiero I am working on. They usually have the correct one in stock. You will need to install the R-134 retro kit. I do not know of any Accumulator's from late models (R134 specific) that will interchange.
tampalinc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincDirect Link to This Post
I was looking at clutch cycle switches today and notice they have R12 and R134a switches for the Fiero.
Does anyone know the specific differences in them and if I can just replace my old R12 one with an R134a one?

[This message has been edited by tampalinc (edited 06-13-2011).]

Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
The only difference between the R-12 and R-134a pressure cycling switches is the set point. You can buy a new R-134a switch or if it's good you can just reuse the old R-12 switch, and you can even adjust the set point in it if you like (and you have the necessary manifold gauge set).

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 06-13-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock