EGR tube by fyrehazrd
Started on: 05-17-2011 03:28 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: fyrehazrd on 05-18-2011 03:58 AM
fyrehazrd

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
seems this is the only snag in the road ive ran into and i cant not find one will it be safe to cover it up? will i have any problems?

-Wes-
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-17-2011 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store sells them.
fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
I saw for a nice 100 dollars but im trying to figure out if i can go without for a while till i can afford it since i just lost my job.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
i believe you can use one from the camaro 3.4, not positive as i've never done it myself. try search. Also check out Ebay for a new/used tube or post a WTB in the mall.
I believe you can block off/remove the system too. You will fail inspection in most states but i don't believe it will make the car run poorly if it's properly blocked off. but i would fix it and leave it on. just my .02
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
This kit will cost you about 66 bucks. And after installing the kit, if your EGR tube ever cracks again, you can replace it for a few bucks at Lowes or Home Depot.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
A cracked EGR tube can be brazed back together. Yes the tube gets hot, but not hot enough to melt the braze. As a temp fix you can put a aluminium can strip 1 1/2" wide as a block off between the upper manifold and the tube to bring the idle back down.
fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
thanks everyone for all the information it is very useful!
Jackdaniels

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-17-2011 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JackdanielsSend a Private Message to JackdanielsDirect Link to This Post
On a different note, I see a lot of people trying to reuse the heat wrap. Couldn't you just use header wrap with metal clamps on either end?
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
pm sent to fyrehazrd.
Seanpaul

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanpaulSend a Private Message to SeanpaulDirect Link to This Post
Dude i got on thats still flexible. Can let it go for 50 shipped.
PM me if interested.
fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock