fierostore.com vented brake kit problems by 87GreenGT
Started on: 05-01-2011 07:28 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: 87GreenGT on 05-17-2011 06:27 PM
87GreenGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post
ok i purchased the vented brake kit (grand am brakes) from the fiero store and just recieved it. well after trying to install the calipers and couldnt i realized that the calipers were hitting the bracket that holds them on, did some grinding and went to try again, well same thing, this time it was the caliper hitting the spindle and the dust shield. did some griding to get it to fit and finally got them, now my buddy has done thing upgrade and didnt have any problems but his calipers look different and appear smaller. i was pissed i had to spend an extra hour of work griding after i just had everything powdercoated. anyone have this problem or hear of this
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
Here is a picture of one of my rear calipers. Yours are different?

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Another high quality product from the Fiero Store. They probably gave you caliper brackets from a Yugo. I don't like to have to "grind" ANYTHING that has to do with safely stopping a car. I would be pissed too.
87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post
they sent me more brackets and calipers. the calipers don't rub the rotor anymore but the brackets still hit the damn caliper. they don't look machined one bit when compared to stock, this is getting very frustrating. does anyone have clearance pics of the caliper to bracket

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock