Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  The project begins here.... Picture Heavy, 56k forgetaboutit. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
The project begins here.... Picture Heavy, 56k forgetaboutit. by jwrape
Started on: 04-19-2011 07:30 AM
Replies: 74
Last post by: 84se2m4 on 11-30-2011 12:54 PM
jwrape

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Well, I finally got the car from my old home back yard to my new to me shop. It took all we had for my Dad and I to push it off the trailer into the shop cause the front brakes were seized and I had to beat the calipers off the rotors. Wow, that was fun.
Here are the pics from it's original form.
No brake fluid in the rear section of the brake resivoir... Telling me there is a leak I should be looking for. The extra brake fluid bottles gave it away as well
The #1 spark plug was broken off. This might have been why it stopped running for the previous owner, who knows
http://img.photobucket.com/...iero/Brokenplug1.jpg
The center Console had some heat issues. Gonna have to fix this
http://img.photobucket.com/...nsolecompartment.jpg
Dash

Center Dash

Driverside door, pretty clean as the passenger side is as well

Drivers seat as it came to me

Engine from afar looks decent and complete
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
http://img.photobucket.com/...%20Fiero/Engine2.jpg
This is the headlight wire harness. This red wire was sticking out and chaulky for some reason. I haven't touched it, it looked like this. But the headlights work after helping them up.
http://img.photobucket.com/...ightFusableLink1.jpg
Headliner is trash

Interior looks decent

Original miles of 113k

The ol' girl sitting in the shop
http://img.photobucket.com/...c%20Fiero/OlGirl.jpg
Passenger seat

Center shifter

Sorry about some of these pics being HUGE. I have resized them down but can't seem to fix all of them, Hopefully you can still see them. I will take smaller versions the rest of the way through the rebuild

[This message has been edited by jwrape (edited 04-19-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Then I started looking into the engine to see what might be the problem. Oh did I find problems. i already knew that #1 plug had rusted off, then after pulling the plug wires off I found that #4 was broken off as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/...iero/Brokenplug1.jpg
The spark plug area was covered in Acorn mess and grease etc.... Had to dig it all out with a small screw driver, then vacuum and then lubricate with some PB blaster.

I found these two plugs just sitting there with no where to plug into

You can barely make this one out in the pic. It is a single pin plug, looks like a temperature sensor plug or something, but no where for either to plug into

Then I removed the air filter and found this open hard vacuum line.

Then went up into the front trunk and found this disconnected from itself. Looks like a vacuum check valve or something

When removing the air filter, I found this blue sensor melted in the air cleaner

The plugs and around them were covered in acorn debre'

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

jwrape

1000 posts
Member since Apr 2011
Took the trunk off to get into the engine compartment better and then removed the luggage rack.
Then I moved onto the front brakes that were siezed up since we bought the car. They were bascially rusted together. The car would BARELY roll even under the force of a come along and then trying to get it off the trailer was rediculous and funny at the same time.
Here you can see after I removed the rotor, caliper, and sheild that both my Tie Rod ends are trashed. No wonder the alignment is SO off I can see it by eye.
http://img.photobucket.com/...20Fiero/Spindle3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/...20Fiero/Spindle2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/...20Fiero/Spindle1.jpg
Before the brakes were removed

After the brakes have been removed and also how it sits at the moment until I can get the Grand Am rotors to have them fitted up

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

jwrape

1000 posts
Member since Apr 2011
Then I moved onto the interior where there was a lot of heat exposure to the vinyl that needed to be addressed.
I removed the center console and the passenger seat so far. I have started and almost completed re-attaching the vinyl to the plastic around the console and it's pieces.
I duct taped up the hole in the seat to keep it from getting worse. I'm not a fan of Duct tape but it works in this case until I can get covers

Here is the door jam I cleaned up

Here is the what it looked like before I cleaned it up

The interior before I took it apart
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
As you can see here, the PO had super glued some crap speakers onto the top of the radio/AC controls that were rediculous

I took it all apart and started cleaning with Purple Magic and paper towels. It was a hot mess and NASTY under all that plastic

Did some skeliton repairs

Ended up cracking the center console door

This hidious speaker install

Center console cleaned up

I am starting to get to the end of the glueing and clamping of the interior. It is turning out a lot better than I thought it would.

I don't remember where I saw the idea to use Gorilla Glue and those Office Style paper clamps but whom ever thought of it was a genious and I don't wanna take their credit for that.
It's really doing well to bring all that vinyl back into place, with maybe the exception of the Console door that is giving me a head ache pulling that vinyl around again.

I also need to find out where to find the door glass seal. Both mine are trashed

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

jwrape

1000 posts
Member since Apr 2011
There is a ton of cleaning as you can see.

I also found out why it wouldn't turn over the engine at all with a battery in it. Come to find out, since the PO had stripped off the battery terminals I cound't tell that there was a main 12v+ connection as well as a secondary wire that should have been plugged up for the ignition. After messing around and looking around in the motor compartment I foun this loose wire from the power distribution box and connected it to 12v+ and everything came alive

After I connected it, I could turn it over.
After I used the EZ out to remove the broken spark plugs from the head, i scrounged up 4 plugs to see if I could get her to run.
Well with the ignition on the fuel pump wouldn't either pump fuel or there is no fuel in it. Either way i pour a little gas in the Throttle body and got it to run roughly for a New York minute. So I know if I can get fuel to her, she will fire.

I also found during all this, that the throttle body butterfly was stuck shut. I mean you could not move it at all, so I sprayed some PB Blaster on it and tapped it with a Screw driver and hammer and it broke loose and with the PB Blaster, worked itself back to normal function. Gas pedal will open and close the throttle body now.
I tell you, this car is in good shape to some aspects and BAD shape in others. But I love cleaning it up and gettin' it going.
My wife is being VERY cool about me working on the car. I think it has something to do with my recent surgery. She wants me to have my fun now. :-) Gotta love her for that one.

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Direct Link to This Post
Now that is a TON of pictures! You may want to go back and reduce the size of those big ones in the beginning as they are pretty much impossible to see on a laptop screen...

The 'Genious' you refer to is none other than Hulki-U I believe....although he may have seen the repair technique somewhere else, I dunno.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Yea, i am still modifying the Large pics to try to get them down to size. Some of them I have removed because they won't go down. But I think I fixed them all now.

Edit: Oh it was 62 pictures total that i had taken in the past two days. :-) I love having a camera on my phone for these instances. I love taking pictures of what I'm working on for you guys to essentially be right there with me. I love this stuff. LOL!

Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Direct Link to This Post
They are still too big. Why don't you trash the big ones? You will lose a lot of viewers because they don't have the time to wade through all these shots.....and you could get the message across with about 10 good ones.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Then finally, I started looking at the Front hood latch. It is broken but I can't seem to figure out how it's broken by looking at it. It looks to have two cables coming into it for both latches on the hood, BUT only one goes into the release latch and the other is just hanging down but they are only connected to each other by the cable sleave they travel through. I don't see where the secondary cable is supposed to connect to the release latch. I need help on this thing.

How it looked when i got it.

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

jwrape

1000 posts
Member since Apr 2011

Originally posted by Gall757:

They are still too big. Why don't you trash the big ones? You will lose a lot of viewers because they don't have the time to wade through all these shots.....and you could get the message across with about 10 good ones.

Ok, I think I got all the HUGE pics gone. I've been working on this for an hour now. LOL! For some reason, the same camera takes different size pics and reducing them isn't always possible. I'm better with cars than computers. :-)
Hopefully you guys can see them all now.
I did change a few of the spindle pics to URL's instead so you can still go see them if you want. :-)
Sorry about the trouble, all forums are different and a lot of my other forums automatically size the photo's for me. I think I got the hand of it now.
Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
The red wires sticking out are fuseable links they stay that way .

PFF
System Bot
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robert 2:

The red wires sticking out are fuseable links they stay that way .

Oh good to know. Do you know why they would make red dust like that?

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

jwrape

1000 posts
Member since Apr 2011
Oh another cool thing I realized while hanging over the engine pulling rusty plugs out: The motor is a Goodwrench Remanufactured motor, meaning the engine must not have 113k on it after all. Who knows how much mileage on the motor, but I was happy with 113k miles, less is even better.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Wow, whoever did the wiring on that car, especially the stereo, should be shot. I'd start with fixing all the wiring (especially replacing the positive and negative battery cables), then the brakes, get it running, etc.

Rear section of the brake resevoir = rear brakes, probably a rusted out front to rear line, or leaking rear calipers. Replacing the master cylinder would be a good idea since it's probably original.

Those spark plugs look like the originals?

The driver's seat is out of an 84 SE, you can get a skin or a whole seat to replace it and match the other one.

Car appears to be an 85 sport coupe, what's the 5th character in the VIN number? I'm guessing M

The sensors around the thermostat housing are the fan switch the coolant temp sensor, and the gauge sensor. I'd replace all three just for peace of mind.

Redo all the wiring for them where the blue butt connectors have been used, preferably soldered and heat shrinked.

The clamp and radiator hose at the thermostat housing are original.

Replace the plastic vacuum lines and rubber connectors with rubber vacuum hose, the diagram for what goes where should be on the underside of the decklid.

The blue sensor in the air cleaner controls the thermac door in the air cleaner

The hood release, the one cable hanging out by itself is the emergency release. it's supposed to just be loose there.

[This message has been edited by RWDPLZ (edited 04-19-2011).]

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

RWDPLZ

15013 posts
Member since May 2002
I think I recognize those speakers now

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Wow, whoever did the wiring on that car, especially the stereo, should be shot. I'd start with fixing all the wiring (especially replacing the positive and negative battery cables), then the brakes, get it running, etc.

Rear section of the brake resevoir = rear brakes, probably a rusted out front to rear line, or leaking rear calipers. Replacing the master cylinder would be a good idea since it's probably original.

Those spark plugs look like the originals?

The driver's seat is out of an 84 SE, you can get a skin or a whole seat to replace it and match the other one.

Car appears to be an 85 sport coupe, what's the 5th character in the VIN number? I'm guessing M

The sensors around the thermostat housing are the fan switch the coolant temp sensor, and the gauge sensor. I'd replace all three just for peace of mind.

Redo all the wiring for them where the blue butt connectors have been used, preferably soldered and heat shrinked.

The clamp and radiator hose at the thermostat housing are original.

Replace the plastic vacuum lines and rubber connectors with rubber vacuum hose, the diagram for what goes where should be on the underside of the decklid.

The blue sensor in the air cleaner controls the thermac door in the air cleaner

The hood release, the one cable hanging out by itself is the emergency release. it's supposed to just be loose there.

The Stereo was a plug in Harness. i have already removed it, just after that pics was taken. :-)
The rear brakes are leaky cailpers, gonna convert to Grand Am next after the fronts are done. Had to do the fronts first cause the car won't roll.
I thought the Spark plug were original as well, but the motor is a remanufactured Goodwrench, so there is no tell how old the motor is.
Car is a 86' Sport Coupe per the Title, Not sure about the 5th character. I know one of the important characters is a R. I don't understand the VIN deciferer
I was going to replace all the sensors before driving anyways due to the over heating problems they were known for and I want to prevent of course. Hoses, sensors, thermostat, etc...
Definately soldier and shrink wrap all my wiring. I went to college for electronics and hate a shotty job on wiring. It drives me nuts to see someone wire something half way, knowing it will catch fire.
That Thermic door in the air cleaner need to be replaced I assume. What does it do?
The brake release latch must only be broken at the cable then, Good to know that is emergeny release only. I can fix that easy enough.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

jwrape

1000 posts
Member since Apr 2011

I think I recognize those speakers now

OMG YES! That's it. It was all melted from the sun and was dried up.... That;s funny. The Fiero came with it's own BOSE system...
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Direct Link to This Post
You have one more big picture to Zap....and then the width will shrink and the text will be easy to read.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

You have one more big picture to Zap....and then the width will shrink and the text will be easy to read.

Got it, Thanks
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jwrape:

Oh another cool thing I realized while hanging over the engine pulling rusty plugs out: The motor is a Goodwrench Remanufactured motor, meaning the engine must not have 113k on it after all. Who knows how much mileage on the motor, but I was happy with 113k miles, less is even better.

I've seen stickers like that on recall motors, some Fieros got new engines when the fire recall was performed.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

I've seen stickers like that on recall motors, some Fieros got new engines when the fire recall was performed.

Hmmm, do you know about what year that recall was initiated? Might give us an Idea about how old the motor is.
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm, do you know about what year that recall was initiated? Might give us an Idea about how old the motor is.

March 1989

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.go...V232000&summary=true

http://home.comcast.net/~fierocave/recall.htm
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

March 1989

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.go...V232000&summary=true

http://home.comcast.net/~fierocave/recall.htm

Well that's cool so I guess i could assume the motor MAY have around 60k-80k instead of the 113k reported on the odometer. That's cool with me.
I need to do a compression test. Maybe sometime this week I'll do that.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

jwrape

1000 posts
Member since Apr 2011
Seems to me, everytime I delete a oversize picture another one blows up. I hope I got them all. I know what to do next time. These pics are rediculous. I am just trying to bring you guys in on the fun. LOL!
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
If a plug broke, possibly due to rust, when the engine was running, then you may not have 4 complete pistons in there. If you didn't get all of every plug, then the head needs to come off.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Isolde:

If a plug broke, possibly due to rust, when the engine was running, then you may not have 4 complete pistons in there. If you didn't get all of every plug, then the head needs to come off.

I vacuumed the cylinders and the only thing that went down in there was POSSIBLY the diode of the plug. No metal. I am hoping there is nothing harmful in there. Yet another reason for a Compression test.. I didn't hear anything wrong when I started the engine. I know I was taking somewhat of a risk in doing what I did but it's $400 that I have in it right now so I'm not risking much and if the motor fails then I will do a swap before I dig into that motor.
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
I had an engine I bought used. Paid $500 for it. It arrived with a small hex nut in one cylinder. But I didn't find out until I started it. I pulled the head, and the piston was very mangled. But I put it together with new gaskets, and got lucky. It ran fine. That nut was awfully small. Had it been any bigger, I would have needed a piston and a lawyer.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Isolde:

I had an engine I bought used. Paid $500 for it. It arrived with a small hex nut in one cylinder. But I didn't find out until I started it. I pulled the head, and the piston was very mangled. But I put it together with new gaskets, and got lucky. It ran fine. That nut was awfully small. Had it been any bigger, I would have needed a piston and a lawyer.

Yea, I understand. Like I said I am taking a risk, but I really don't think there is anything in the cylinder that will hurt it. All the metal came out with the Ez out. The only thing that could be in there is a little bit of Porcelin from the old plugs and that will break up, although I vacuumed it out as a precaution. I'm not overly worried. Like I said $400 is not worth pulling that head to me. It's just a project, not a daily driver so I can afford to risk it. I DO appreciate the concern though.

------------------
86 Fiero 2M4 Silver, bought for electric conversion. Currently just fixing all the old stuff

Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post

Oh good to know. Do you know why they would make red dust like that?

No idea !
Could be that they heated ? or the plastic is rotting ( drying ) .
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
I hope they're not rotting.

------------------
86 Fiero 2M4 Silver, bought for electric conversion. Currently just fixing all the old stuff

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

jwrape

1000 posts
Member since Apr 2011
I've made up my general parts list to get ol' girl up and running. After she's up and running I will replace sensors and hoses, just wanna get it running smooth and of course get is rolling down the neighborhood road.

Front inner and outer hub bearings
Front Bearing Seals
Distributor Cap and Rotor Button
Spark plug wires and Plugs
both tie rod ends for front end (they are thrashed)
Grand Am Brake Rotors and Calipers with pads (Original Rotors Milled down to fit inside New Rotors)
Fuel Filter
Fuel Pump
Fuel Pump strainer
Throttle Body rebuild kit
Fuel pump tank line (I've read I should replace this but haven't seen where to get one or what it looks like)
Battery

That should get me started.
Advance Autoparts is the cheapest I've found so far over all. About $462 total. BUT they don't stock it or can't order some of the stuff so I don't know why they list it for sale. Strange.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

jwrape

1000 posts
Member since Apr 2011
Ok I just ordered the rotors, the plug wires, and the plugs.
Should get me moving in the right direction.

I can get the machinist working on the rotors benig milled down and I can do a tune up after going to my local Advanced Auto Parts for the Rotor button and distributor cap.

I'm thinking either the timing is off or it's not firing on all cylinders. Either way I'm sure there is something weird about the ignition system on it considering it looks like the original wires, cap and rotor and those crazy rusted out plugs.

------------------

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

jwrape

1000 posts
Member since Apr 2011
Went ahead and got the fuel pump and strainer too.
Is there a hose I need to replace while I have the tank down? If so, where do I get it?
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Here's some info on fuel pumps and hoses.

http://gafieroclub.org/bbs/index.php?topic=292.0

You can get the hoses at NAPA. They will also understand what you're talking about.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 04-20-2011).]

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Here's some info on fuel pumps and hoses.

http://gafieroclub.org/bbs/index.php?topic=292.0

You can get the hoses at NAPA. They will also understand what you're talking about.

Very good info. Thanks for that. I will be making a trip to Napa

------------------

peterh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for peterhSend a Private Message to peterhDirect Link to This Post
There is a free image program out there that I use and recommend. It is easy to use and you can resize picture, reduce number of colors to 256, etc to reduce photo image sizes.
Here is the link:

http://www.irfanview.net/
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by peterh:

There is a free image program out there that I use and recommend. It is easy to use and you can resize picture, reduce number of colors to 256, etc to reduce photo image sizes.
Here is the link:

http://www.irfanview.net/

I just downloaded something called PIP that auto reduces them for me. I should do better next time. Like I said before my other forums reduced them down. I new to the Picture Posting after reducing. :-) I'm getting better at it.

I'm better with cars than computers LOL!
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Did you get the TBI kit yet? Auto Zone had the best price by far last time I looked.

You should also rebuild the distributor (take out, clean up, replace pickup coil and o-ring, new thermal compound on ignition module). Buddycraigg did a video on the V6 distributor, almost the exact same process for the 4 cylinder

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Haven't gotten any of the TBI rebuild kit yet. I'll have to get up some more money. Just spent my couple hundred so far. i need another couple hundred to spend. :-)

------------------

americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

OMG YES! That's it. It was all melted from the sun and was dried up.... That;s funny. The Fiero came with it's own BOSE system...

really? thats news to me.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock