How To Replace A Window by magot
Started on: 04-01-2011 06:38 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: magot on 04-01-2011 07:11 PM
magot

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for magotSend a Private Message to magotDirect Link to This Post
Hello All,

Well, I was home on leave and had alot of work to do on the Fiero. I have seen alot of threads asking how to replace a Drivers side or Passenger side window. Everyone says you need to remove the window guides and replace the rivets and so on. Well we did it without removing the window guides. This process can be done in about two hours. This was done on a car with power windows and on the Passenger Side.

Step One: Remove Door Skin
Step Two: Remove Door From Fiero

Step Three: Remove all the chanels from the door and upper door stop, No Picture
Step four: Step up the the door for the window to go in, below we used two saw horses and you will see the gap we used to insert the window

Step Five: Have a battery ready to control the Window Motor

Step six: Insert the window from the bottom of the door as shown below, have the window motor at half way

The window will go in smoothly, Work the motor using the battery to desired locations and everything will fall into place. After the window is in just reinstall all the channels and the forward stop. bolt the door back on and put the door skin on and your done. That is how you replace a door window without removing anything from the glass! hope this helps somebody in the future.

Dad (The Brains) And Myself

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
interesting way of doing it
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Love the battery clamp...
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

interesting way of doing it

x2.

Nice work, nice pics.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
And just think if you did this...

http://www.swapmeetdave.com...rkshop/ProppedUp.jpg

You would not have to take the door off the car to do it....

Good job!

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 04-01-2011).]

TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CDirect Link to This Post
I've changed a bunch of window regulators and a few windows but I've never had to take off the door or the outside skin on any car or truck I've worked on. I know you got the job done but it sure seems like way too much work.
magot

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for magotSend a Private Message to magotDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dodgerunner:

And just think if you did this...

http://www.swapmeetdave.com...rkshop/ProppedUp.jpg

You would not have to take the door off the car to do it....

Good job!

Lol thats awesome. It wasnt really alot of work, We did have two people though, that helped out alot. I din't like the idea of replacing rivets on the window with bolt and nylock nuts, After someone showed me a video of how easy the windows shatter.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock