Questions on 2.8 Turbo Project by F355
Started on: 03-18-2011 03:39 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: BillS on 03-18-2011 08:17 PM
F355

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355Send a Private Message to F355Direct Link to This Post
I've got an 86 GT with a 2.8. Bored it out almost to a 3.4 and put Chevy 350 piston and valves in it, lowered compression 8 to 1, ported heads, custom cam, the works. The engine is built to handle around 15-16 lbs of boost. I was wondering if the Fiero chassis can actually take that kind of abuse? Is there something I would have to change out to be able to support that? And placing the intercooler is a pain! What size intercooler would you recommend for 16 lbs of boost? I think the one I got is a little too big.. Thanks for the input.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355:

I've got an 86 GT with a 2.8. Bored it out almost to a 3.4 and put Chevy 350 piston and valves in it, lowered compression 8 to 1, ported heads, custom cam, the works. The engine is built to handle around 15-16 lbs of boost. I was wondering if the Fiero chassis can actually take that kind of abuse? Is there something I would have to change out to be able to support that? And placing the intercooler is a pain! What size intercooler would you recommend for 16 lbs of boost? I think the one I got is a little too big.. Thanks for the input.

first off there is no way you could bore that out to a 350 chevy piston size you would hit water jacket and if you did bore it that much it would be bigger than 3.4 it would be around 4.1 and you dont need to worie about the power guys have bigger and more powerfull engines then what you have
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
A 2.8 bored to a 3.4 being built for 16psi of turbo boost sounds scary.
BillS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BillSSend a Private Message to BillSDirect Link to This Post
Yup, no way to get a 2.8 bored out that much.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock