Cup holders in a fiero by pontiacfierokid1985
Started on: 03-14-2011 09:26 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: hercimer01 on 03-15-2011 12:25 AM
pontiacfierokid1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Direct Link to This Post
Looking to put cup holders in my 86 gt I'm sick of using cup trays to hold my drinks when I drive is there any type that I can use that will slide out an when I'm not using them I will be a le to slide them back in I know some kind of car has it that I use it an install it into the trim of where the radio is or something like that in that area of the interior compartment of the fiero
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-14-2011 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
This was my solution. I used a auto parts store cup holder. Trimmed the bottom to fit the contour of the glove pouch, and screwed it to the cardboard backer under the fabric. If I ever take it off, the fabric isn't torn, just one little screw hole to repair. But, I don't see me taking off the cupholder anytime in the near future. It just works too well.

There are several members that have come up with some great designs, and I would research your options before committing.

Tony

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Direct Link to This Post
I was thinking that the passenger side ashtray would be a great spot....Maybe I could make a 'plug in' cupholder that fits like the ashtray tub....and pops out when you don't need it.
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
This is the easiest method I have found. I bought it a NAPA and it is designed for a boat. Remove the upper right side screw on the faceplate, adapt the mounting bracket and replace the screw. It can be removed and no one will ever know it was there. I've done the same thing on my 85 GT, using a plastic cheapie cup holder with the hook on it. Cut the hook off, drilled a hole and put it in the same location as shown.
hye_4_life

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hye_4_lifeSend a Private Message to hye_4_lifeDirect Link to This Post
I plan on eventually going this route from www.tlg-auto.com:

donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hye_4_life:

I plan on eventually going this route from www.tlg-auto.com:

TXGOOD sells these on here. He is the originator of these. Edit to say I can't wait to get one of these.

[This message has been edited by donnie072003 (edited 03-14-2011).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Fierosound did this:

hye_4_life

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hye_4_lifeSend a Private Message to hye_4_lifeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by donnie072003:

TXGOOD sells these on here. He is the originator of these. Edit to say I can't wait to get one of these.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/053332.html

We learn new things everyday, thanks!
tnkgnr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tnkgnrSend a Private Message to tnkgnrDirect Link to This Post
Whenever my drink is a half-liter soda/water bottle, or a regular drink from a fast-food chain, I just use that void behind/between the dash and the rally gauge cluster. Fits perfect, easy to get to, and no mods!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Do what i do and get a large cup and stick it in the opening between the dash and gauge cluster.. works fine.
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Direct Link to This Post
I wont put my soda above the stereo anymore. Sugar conducts electricity. I have poured one into my stereo before, its not pretty. If someone designs a good cup holder for a fiero, it would be the key I believe to someones financial future. " The million dollar question"
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock