Engine stalls at lights or stop signs by klomeomy
Started on: 02-18-2011 11:20 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: klomeomy on 02-18-2011 01:52 PM
klomeomy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for klomeomySend a Private Message to klomeomyDirect Link to This Post
I Have an 86 SE 2.8 A/T, A/C. Just did a complete rebuild, replaced all sensors and switches on engine before reinstall. I have two ECMs One from 87 and one from original car, both do the same. Car runs perfect except when I pull up to a stop sign in gear. Fuel pump puts out factory spec pressures and have put in new filter HELP!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Gravedigger

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
Unplug the TCC connector on the foreward, firewall side o the trans and see i that helps.
klomeomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for klomeomySend a Private Message to klomeomyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks I'll try that. I've read out the TCC solenoid and the third gear switch and it appears to be functioning properly. But I'll take your advice and Thanks again
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you finally made it on here Dad...

As suggested, try unplugging the TCC solenoid first, while the engine is cold, and then take it out for a test drive.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
If the engine dies like it's a manual transmission and you left it in gear and didn't push the clutch then it is the TCC. If it dies some other slow type death it's not the TCC. You can unplug it and try anyways.
klomeomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for klomeomySend a Private Message to klomeomyDirect Link to This Post
I'll give it a try tomorrow. Got to attend a close friends funeral today. Thanks guys

------------------
Gravedigger

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock