Started on: 01-12-2011 01:51 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Wudman on 01-12-2011 07:53 PM
Wudman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WudmanSend a Private Message to WudmanDirect Link to This Post
4T60 trannies clearly are the V6/V8 longitudinal auto choice, but I have a low mileage 4T45 in my pile. The 4t45 owhich is tied to many 3400 cars has a few more lbs of torque than the 4t40. I have noted a V8 build on the 4T40 which must be due to "it was in the pile so I used it". At 205 ft torque the 4t45 would seem a beefier and probably cheap replacement for a TH125 and maybe a stock V6. There doesn't seem to me much love for it here though. Any opinions or ideas. I have a low mileage one sitting in a pile and a potential duke project. Having said that unlike manyI have yet to tear up a TH125 behind a stock duke. But it is there, I must do something with it.

------------------
FieroDriver--Multimedia by J "Wudman" Wood--Wud's Photo BlogsBlues in St. Louis--Artists & Musician Marketing Blog--Sharing Social Media Marketing Tips

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
You need to computer control it.... so many people doing engine swaps are not typically going to want to upgrade to a different PCM.
Wudman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WudmanSend a Private Message to WudmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

You need to computer control it.... so many people doing engine swaps are not typically going to want to upgrade to a different PCM.

Thanks, off to Craigslist it goes...

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
4TxxE needs a PCM. (Powertrain CM)

4Txx needs nothing for shift control. (Needs Manifold Vacuum) ECM controls TCC Lockup only. ECM for Fiero, with some wiring, can use it fine.

Number mean:
yMxx(E)

y = # of forward gears (TH125c update name is 3T40)
M = T/L Transverse/long mount
xx = relative strength and usual using these #: 40, 45, 60, 65, 80
E on some model means Electric Shift

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 01-12-2011).]

Wudman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WudmanSend a Private Message to WudmanDirect Link to This Post
I am pretty sure I have the 4T45 not the 4T45e
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Most people don't like/love it because most can't get it or doesn't know about it, etc.
And what engine does trans bell housing bolt to...

If engine can have a th123 then switch to 4t45 is a good choice If your not going to race. (Assume trans fits.)
I don't have much on 4t45 gearing. use google etc
I found this page... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_4T40_transmission

also... trans is newer... see wiki. right box in page.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 01-12-2011).]

Wudman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WudmanSend a Private Message to WudmanDirect Link to This Post
I was there to find out basics of this transmission. In any case, thanks for the response. I will put it up against one of my other "pile" TH 125C transmissions to match up the bell housing.

------------------
FieroDriver--Multimedia by J "Wudman" Wood--WordPress on a Budget For ProsWud's Photo BlogsBlues in St. Louis--

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock