Started on: 11-11-2009 04:52 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: hdryder on 12-06-2011 02:09 PM
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
I have been looking all over because I swear I did an install instruction thread for those of you that have purchased my mount kit. So since I cant find it after a half an hour of searching, I just decided it would be quicker to make a new thread showing how to install the brandX mounts during your swap.

So here goes.

First you want to bolt up the rearmost transmission side mount that tucks up inside the cradle

and bolt the corresponding mount to the transmission.

This is the pivot mount. All Fiero cradles arent exactly the same, and holes may be upwards of .080" off from another cradle out of a different year car. (and I wouldnt doubt to see upwards of 1/4" difference in some cases).

Next you will need to bolt up both the front side transmission mount and the lower engine side mounts as seen in the following pictures.

Now you can set your engine/transmission assembly onto the cradle. By utilizing the pivot mount to keep the engine/trans attached to the cradle, you will now need to square the drivetrain to the cradle. Something I do that makes it really simple to make sure your engine is square onto the cradle is to put the valve cover without the hole for the oil fill on the rearmost side of the engine. Then take a piece of 1/4" steel tubing about 4' long (check it like you would a pool cue to make sure its straight), then tape it with duct tape following the rearmost groove in the valve cover so that it extends past the outermost parts of the cradle, so you can use it for a reference point. Check the distance from the rear cradle mount hole, to the steel tubing and move the drivetrain assembly as needed until you achieve equal distances from the steel tubing to the rear cradle hole.

At this point you will need to mark the mounts for the final mounting holes.

Drilling your own holes will insure YOUR mounts fit YOUR cradle. It has been a problem in the past that mounts that fit one cradle, may be a little bit off for another, and you may have to drill extra holes in the mount, or extra holes in the cradle itself. This will insure a perfect fit every time.

After you have drilled the holes in the front trans side mount and the lower engine mount, you are ready to bolt it to the cradle and continue with your swap!

[This message has been edited by fieroX (edited 11-11-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Nice job on the mounts but just to clarify for all; these mounts fit the 3800 w 4T65eHD up to the 2002 model year. The 2003-up trans doesn't have the same mounting points.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Same goes for some of the 2000 and 2001 trannies as I have found a few with out the mounting points on them. Dan
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
morning all. will these work on a '97 series II sc?? w/ stock GrandPrix tranny and computer.....i hope. thanks in advance
Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 11-14-2009).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2009 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Same goes for some of the 2000 and 2001 trannies as I have found a few with out the mounting points on them. Dan

I believe that a good way to tell is to look if the transmisson uses a single rear mount, rather than the two side mounts. I believe that the transmissons on the vans may have used this configuration earlier than the 03-up units that all have them.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
So this kit is for the single rear trannie mount right?
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

So this kit is for the single rear trannie mount right?

There are 3 mounts in the kit--Two tranny mounts and a single engine mount. The engine mount goes under the crank pulley and the tranny mounts mount the stock Fiero location.
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayDirect Link to This Post
I had a 2003 transmission with the side mounts, just make sure you get one from a grand prix. The case is currently being used in the FieroX turbo car, and I am pretty sure it went in just fine. Maybe I got lucky...

Chris
batboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2010 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I'm bringing this thread back to life.

I have a SBC V8 conversion with a weak sauce TH125 trans, can I swap in a 4T65E trans?

Will the V8 trans adapter plate bolt to the 4T65E trans is what I'm asking?

Has anyone done this?

Yes, I tried to search.

[This message has been edited by batboy (edited 08-01-2010).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2010 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batboy:

I'm bringing this thread back to life.

I have a SBC V8 conversion with a weak sauce TH125 trans, can I swap in a 4T65E trans?

Will the V8 trans adapter plate bolt to the 4T65E trans is what I'm asking?

Has anyone done this?

Yes, I tried to search.

Yes but you will need a controller for the trans....
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2010 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Cool, so the V8 adapter will bolt up to the trans. Obviously, the mounting brackets would need to be done and the shift linkage, etc. I figured any trans with an "E" tacked on the end would require a controller. Although I don't know anything about the controllers yet. I suppose a 4T60 might be easier, but they aren't as stout as the 4T65E.
PFF
System Bot
hdryder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderDirect Link to This Post
When will your 1988 - 3800 Series II motor mounts be in stock and ready to ship?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock