Started on: 12-23-2010 04:12 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: josef644 on 12-23-2010 07:16 PM
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post
ok so first off i read mickey moose's wiring thread and it had how to bypass on there BUT im a little confused so bare with me.

on the photo posted below i have a red line showing the path that needs to be drilled BUT its already an open path on mine.

the yellow shows where that flows and pink shows where that flows.

now im just not understanding why you need to drill out the red marked path why cant i just plug up the two oil cooler lines and be done with it.

also on the red line path at the left where the oil flows into or from the filter (i dunno which way it goes but that besides the point) that hole is where the bypass valve was located and not on the engine as mentioned in mickey's thread. do i need that or can i just toss it? ok never mind now that i look at mickey thread closer the valve is not in the block i dunno why his has something sticking out that goes into the oil channel because mine is flush but i still am wondering if i need that valve.

this is from a 93 eldorado.

[This message has been edited by Niterrorz (edited 12-23-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
The drill modification isn't to create the bypass (it is there already), it is to enlarge the bypass port so it is not a restriction to flow.

http://www.westcoastfiero.c...l_filter_bypass.html
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post
ahhh i c thank you kindly sir you are a gentleman and a scholar :-) now back to fiero work for me.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

The drill modification isn't to create the bypass (it is there already), it is to enlarge the bypass port so it is not a restriction to flow.

http://www.westcoastfiero.c...l_filter_bypass.html

What he said.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock