performance cam for the duke by drebinpk
Started on: 12-19-2010 02:11 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: KurtAKX on 12-19-2010 04:59 PM
drebinpk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drebinpkSend a Private Message to drebinpkDirect Link to This Post
http://paceperformance.com/...n-cams-52-500-5.html
i was wondering what this cam would do performance wise would it make a big difference?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofan25

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofan25Send a Private Message to fierofan25Direct Link to This Post
from my experience, I have found that most cams give you 25 to 50 hp increase depending on other modds that you have done to the engine. like headers, pcm tune, etc...
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
Enough that it won't work with your stock head. For reference, the stock lift is only .398. The valve springs have no chance, and the tiny 1.72 valves don't flow any better lifted that far anyway. Here's what I ordered and provided I get a few issues sorted out, I should be able to give some comment on it in a few weeks.
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post

KurtAKX

4008 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Also, aftermarket 2.5 cams have smaller "base circles", which means you'll need longer pushrods and/or adjustable rockers....

As you can see here, the base circle has gone from roughly 1.41" to 1.125, requiring longer pushrods since the lifters will not sit lower in the bore "at rest"

Fortunately, I believe I've come up with a pretty neat way to make your valvetrain adjustable without having to do any additional head machining...

[/QUOTE]
drebinpk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drebinpkSend a Private Message to drebinpkDirect Link to This Post
well what would be the best performance cam for the duke without having to do allot of other mods?
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDDirect Link to This Post
years ago i had a budy that used roller rockers on a 2.5. To clear the rockers and keep it "stock looking" he cut the top off one valve cover and the bottom off a 2nd one, and nested them one over the other, had them welded, painted black, raised the air cleaner. very slick.
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by drebinpk:

well what would be the best performance cam for the duke without having to do allot of other mods?

If you want a cam that works with the stock valvetrain, head, and ECM, and you don't want to spend money, then I'd suggest the stock cam.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock