Started on: 11-22-2010 11:58 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: T-top87gt on 11-23-2010 08:29 PM
Ramsespride

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
If, say i wanted to start making molds of the stock Fiero bumpers, and some of the panels out of Fiberglass, and i used the origional Fiero body parts as the sort of mold under the fiberglass thing would i have someone from Norms, GM or anyone else on here that makes Fiberglass parts knocking on my door if i wanted to sell them for slightly more than cost?

Im nowhere near as good as those folks but i think with alittle practice and patience i could blast out some decent aftermarket parts like that so folks wouldnt have to rely on used or sagging front bumpers etc.

I also have WAAAAYYYY too much time on my hands so getting good at mixing, sanding and curing the fiberglass parts might not take as long as im thinking it would.

What do youall think?

------------------

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
Also what does yoga and farming have to do with eachother?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Direct Link to This Post
I just posted a thread on "who makes bumperpad bumpers?"
If you could crank out decent parts UNDER the price of the current fabricators' prices I would buy from you in a heartbeat.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
Make '90 Fiero re-body kits

Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

I'll second that motion.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AL87:

I just posted a thread on "who makes bumperpad bumpers?"
If you could crank out decent parts UNDER the price of the current fabricators' prices I would buy from you in a heartbeat.

Being the entrepenur i am and my great track record for buying, fixing up and either trading ahead or selling for more than i have into a car i would say that i would probably undercut them by a decent ammount. Shipping would be absolute war im sure but with me and my OCD there would be Love and extra caring put into each part i made and they wouldnt be sent out untill they passed my inspection.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

Ramsespride

1979 posts
Member since Feb 2010

You know, if i could get good enough to make the panels to do so you can bet that i would be making that. Like there is no doubt i would at all and i actually am kinda excited at the thought of it!
all4u

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for all4uSend a Private Message to all4uDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in a few things made from fiberglass such as a ferrari 360 modena front end, a fiberglass gauge set that could hold autometer gauges, and maybe a rear bumper other than the factory pieces offered. Can you fiberglass a functional Indy decklid? I'd pick one up in a heartbeat.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by all4u:

I would be interested in a few things made from fiberglass such as a ferrari 360 modena front end, a fiberglass gauge set that could hold autometer gauges, and maybe a rear bumper other than the factory pieces offered. Can you fiberglass a functional Indy decklid? I'd pick one up in a heartbeat.

Shows im a newb to fieros yet... What is an Indy decklid? any diference from a regular Notchback decklid or is there a scoop involved?

and is this what your talking about for the Ferrari?

[This message has been edited by Ramsespride (edited 11-23-2010).]

AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ramsespride:
Being the entrepenur i am and my great track record for buying, fixing up and either trading ahead or selling for more than i have into a car i would say that i would probably undercut them by a decent ammount. Shipping would be absolute war im sure but with me and my OCD there would be Love and extra caring put into each part i made and they wouldnt be sent out untill they passed my inspection.

Shipping is war right now because of those arabs trying to send bombs in the mail...
(another crude tactic to make us suffer by having us waste time on investing money into detection devices and searching everybody)
(sooner or later they are just going to stop, and the REAL damage would be done... in reference to the high cost of shipping now)

anyways... if I can see you selling your parts for no more than %25 lower than everyone else, you'd be in great buisiness...

ALSO, just to add... "If I had the money, I would purchase the PONTIAC nameplate and start remanufacturing the Fiero"
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post

Shipping is war right now because of those arabs trying to send bombs in the mail...
(another crude tactic to make us suffer by having us waste time on investing money into detection devices and searching everybody)
(sooner or later they are just going to stop, and the REAL damage would be done... in reference to the high cost of shipping now)

anyways... if I can see you selling your parts for no more than %25 lower than everyone else, you'd be in great buisiness...

ALSO, just to add... "If I had the money, I would purchase the PONTIAC nameplate and start remanufacturing the Fiero"

hell yes i second that. maybe we could pool our resources and in a hundred years be able to humm? lol and yes i would buy the 90 body kit as well that would just be sweet!
v6autogt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for v6autogtSend a Private Message to v6autogtDirect Link to This Post
Go for it, and deny everything if confronted..lol
PFF
System Bot
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

If i had all the money in the world im sure i would. Give me a few years to get setup for big output and i would buy the Pontiac name and start manufacturing the Fiero and a few other Designs ive drawn up over the years.

And im thinking like this: say TFS sells a Dash cluster that hold Autometer gauges and is in great condition but unfinished needing paint for about 300 bucks, I make my own template similar or different most likley as per the customers order and sell it for HALF + shipping.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

Ramsespride

1979 posts
Member since Feb 2010
and i think i would make new Spoiler risers aswell. I made a kind of set just messing around one afternoon but havent tried to mold fiberglass onto them yet. Looks close to stock
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
A year ago you could have bought ALL of GM for $500.00
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
well, the easy answer is: dont make them exact. then you are not violating any copyright.
like make the front bumper with a installed airdamn. or fog lights.
make the rear wrap around the exhaust, maybe add mesh in the center.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

well, the easy answer is: dont make them exact. then you are not violating any copyright.

I was thinking along those lines. And if i were to copy say, the Ferrari bumpers, having to cut them down in scale to fit the smaller front end of the Fiero would probably do it just fine but i could still add my little touch here and there
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoDirect Link to This Post
So... whens your "Catalog" coming out ?? :-)
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
I'd be careful about ferrari...they've proven to be A holes over time...I would love a bumper pad rear with the dual exhaust part...I'm going to have to make that myself.
LuckyStrike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LuckyStrikeSend a Private Message to LuckyStrikeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

i agree, plus having your own look gives you cred!
T-top87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for T-top87gtClick Here to visit T-top87gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to T-top87gtDirect Link to This Post
I would buy a kit from someone would make one.... JUST LIKE THIS!!! lol

------------------
"Let a man drive a Fiero and he'll own one. Teach a man to fix a Fiero and he'll own eight....errr...nine."

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock