Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Schrader valve thread size on Fuel Block V6 Fuel Rail?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Schrader valve thread size on Fuel Block V6 Fuel Rail? by n_tensetuning
Started on: 11-21-2010 11:20 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: ConvictedRedneck on 11-23-2010 10:17 AM
n_tensetuning

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n_tensetuningSend a Private Message to n_tensetuningDirect Link to This Post
Hi Guys

Does anyone know what the Schrader valve thread size is for the bottom of it that screws onto the Fuel Block on the Fuel Rail ?

I know the top portion of the schrader valve is a #4AN.....

Broke my Schrader valve today.... Heard some have just tapped the hole in the Fuel Block for a 1/8" NPT for mounting a fuel press. gauge.

I would like to replace it with another Schrader valve..... not sure if they are even available still or not.

Thanks
Dave M.

[This message has been edited by n_tensetuning (edited 11-22-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
It is not a 1/8" NPT, it is some metric non-tapered thread. The hole in the fuel line block appears to be small enough to drill/tap it for the 1/8" NPT, but you would want to remove the block to ensure you keep all the metal shavings from your injectors.

There are many aftermarket schrader valves that are 1/8 NPT, but the one on the stock 2.8 is not one.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 11-22-2010).]

n_tensetuning

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n_tensetuningSend a Private Message to n_tensetuningDirect Link to This Post
Hi Fieroguru

You're totally right. Just got back from going through all of the local Auto Parts Stores and it's not a 5/16, 3/16, 1/4, 1/8, etc.....

I went to a specialty fittings place and its a one off metric coarse thread.... they said the same thing, tap it to 1/8"NPT, and screw the Fuel Press. Gauge right onto it.

That's what I'm going to do.

For other fellow members that break their schrader valve, they will most likely need to do the same as they won't find a replacement anywhere : (

Dave M.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
If I would of read your post earlier I could of helped you out. I went to the landfill today after cleaning up around the house & garage.

I been looking at a 2.8 fuel rail for 3 years just taking up space. Guess what went to the landfill?

It never fails. No sooner than I get rid of clutter thats been around for years someone will chime in before the sun sets and want it.

Oh well..........................

Spoon

------------------
Two yeast spent their entire life "about 2 days" discussing what the purpose of life could be and not once did they even come close to the fact that they were making champagne. Quoted by: Unknown

ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
hey dave, ill check on that piece today and let you know if i have it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock