3800 ICM wiring question by Anavaree
Started on: 11-16-2010 09:49 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Anavaree on 11-17-2010 08:47 AM
Anavaree

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AnavareeSend a Private Message to AnavareeDirect Link to This Post
I am swapping a 99 L67 into my 87gt.

I have completly cut apart my wiring harness and am now finishing the rewire. however, i cannot find how to wire the ICM. all i have are the individual pigtails from each of the connectors in the car. every intermediate connector has been eliminated. i need to know where the wiring for the crank angle and cam angle sensors go, plus all the other wires that connect to the ICM. I have been using ryans pinout from GMTUNERS shown below, but it seems to show that the signals come from the ECM.

SO, any help or do i need to clarify my problem more.

Thanks everybody

Jes

http://www.gmtuners.com/fil...o_L67_PCM_wiring.pdf
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Anavaree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AnavareeSend a Private Message to AnavareeDirect Link to This Post
All i have are the individual pigtails from each of the connectors in the car. every intermediate connector has been eliminated. i need to know where the wiring for the crank angle and cam angle sensors go, plus all the other wires that connect to the ICM.
So I need to know where the wires go from the point of view of the sensors.
For example
ECM Blue connector
PIN 7 Black wire, cam position input, connect to, F, of ignition control mod harness(also pin f of ICM)

so, does this mean pin F of the ICM is wired to blue pin 7? and if so where does the cam pos sensor actually wire too? also the crank angle pos sensor?
Like i mentioned, the little sub harness which tied together the crank ang, cam ang, ICM plug and main harness connector is gone.

http://www.gmtuners.com/fil...o_L67_PCM_wiring.pdf

Just a bump with more info.
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
Pin P ICM pink to +12 in run
Pin M ICM blk/wht to Cam B and Crank C
Pin N ICM wht/blk to Cam C and Crank D
Pin J ICM brn/wht to Cam A
Pin H ICM lt bl/wht to Crank A
Pin G ICM yel to Crank B
Pin K ICM blk/wht to Ground
Pin E white to c500 tach feed
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post

Mike Gonzalez

5093 posts
Member since Jul 2001
The rest of the wires will go to the PCM, the crank and cam are wired to the ICM as listed above.

[This message has been edited by Mike Gonzalez (edited 11-17-2010).]

Anavaree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2010 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AnavareeSend a Private Message to AnavareeDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Mike, this will help me. Lets hope im not too much of an idiot to finish it correctly.

Mike, where did you get this wiring diagram? it isnt complete and I cant see where the other wires do go. i will need to run a new wiring harness from the ICM to the ECM and it would be helpful to have the whole electrical schematic.

[This message has been edited by Anavaree (edited 11-17-2010).]

Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2010 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
It is just a cropped section of the 4 page diagram I use. sent it to your Email !
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2010 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

Anavaree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2010 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AnavareeSend a Private Message to AnavareeDirect Link to This Post
Yeah its like 30degreees here but i have a lot to do and only a couple of more days left to do it. I want to be able to drive this thing before the snow starts flying.

This probably wont be the last you hear from me i'm sure, i have never wired an engine from scratch before. its getting interesting.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock