Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  DeLorean, Yes thats right I just went there...

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

DeLorean, Yes thats right I just went there... by Mcfleev-O
Started on: 10-07-2010 03:59 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 10-08-2010 06:54 PM
Mcfleev-O

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mcfleev-OSend a Private Message to Mcfleev-ODirect Link to This Post
OK so the other day I was cruising through town and I passed a DMC DeLorean and thought could my Fiero go back in time if I hit 88? Anyway has any one put a delorean body kit to their fiero or anything of that sort. Also has anyone put a Back to the Future kit to their Fiero, you know just for kicks and giggles?

The yellow doesn't make it look that bad

Looks similar

Just for laughs

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
There was a cheap bttf fiero on youtube and then on ebay if you search I'm sure you can find it.
I don't think Delmoreans are that expensive that itd be worth doing a kit.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
You know what is nuts?!
Last night I told my wife, "you know wat would be fun and different , an back to the future Fiero." With the after burners and tubes and stuff! Nto look like a Delorean, but a Fiero.

Is it in the air or what?
Mcfleev-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mcfleev-OSend a Private Message to Mcfleev-ODirect Link to This Post
I do smell a little plutonium too. Maybe that explains the burning tire marks outside of my house.
I think it would be a cool Halloween project. Its a little late now but there's no time like the present!

[This message has been edited by Mcfleev-O (edited 10-07-2010).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2010 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

There was a cheap bttf fiero on youtube and then on ebay if you search I'm sure you can find it.
I don't think Delmoreans are that expensive that itd be worth doing a kit.

Well, they're not what I'd call cheap. But you can buy a brand new one for about $70K with some nice options.
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
You know what is nuts?!
Last night I told my wife, "you know wat would be fun and different , an back to the future Fiero." With the after burners and tubes and stuff! Nto look like a Delorean, but a Fiero.
Is it in the air or what?

You must be psychic.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
I didn't mean they were cheap but compared to ferarris and lambos which are more common replicas well then ya they are cheap lol
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post
no you can buy a brand new one from DMC in texas for 24 k and get a used one for around 10K if you look hard enuf.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
The DMC Houston ones have gone WAAAAAAYYYYYY up in price over the past ten years, $60k is the price for their new ones now. A decent DeLorean can be had for $20k.

http://delorean.com/newbuild.asp

[This message has been edited by RWDPLZ (edited 10-08-2010).]

IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
I do smell a little plutonium too. Maybe that explains the burning tire marks outside of my house.

God, Don't you just love the smell of plutonium in the morning.

You must be psychic.

Not psychic.
Just espn
kikinz24

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kikinz24Send a Private Message to kikinz24Direct Link to This Post
My ex's grandfather has 1 sitting in his garage. With boxes and junk sittin all over it! No car cover or anything. It has only 8k miles on it. I tried my damndest to get it off him he just refuses to sell it!
PFF
System Bot
lurtz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurtzSend a Private Message to lurtzDirect Link to This Post
http://images.fieroforum.co...lorean-Resimleri.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the DMC. But I certainly have respect for them. I am surprised to see a yellow one. I don't know why someone would paint over that stainless steal body. I saw one a few weeks back at a car show. It had just under 10k miles. It was in great shape and the stainless steel really looked cool.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurtz:

http://images.fieroforum.co...lorean-Resimleri.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the DMC. But I certainly have respect for them. I am surprised to see a yellow one. I don't know why someone would paint over that stainless steal body.

The painted ones are considered "damaged" by the Delorean enthusiast and those can be had for less than a regular one.

Yes the DMC Houston cars have gone WAAAAY up in price. That's because even though they have enough parts to build 10,000 or so cars, they can only recycle VINs from the existing Delorean fleet. This means a Delorean has to die before they can build one and that drives the price waaaay up. I know people build Cobras and Mustangs all the time from kits, but this is what DMC Houston told me to my face.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
The Libyans!
lurtz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurtzSend a Private Message to lurtzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

The Libyans!

Haha

Wait a minute. Are you trying to tell me that you built a time machine.... Out of a Delorean?
Mcfleev-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mcfleev-OSend a Private Message to Mcfleev-ODirect Link to This Post
some DMC's were sold painted right at the dealership with the owners expense.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I think the painted ones look good, but I don't know if I would want to put up with all the grief you would get from the die hard Delorean enthusiasts.
Mcfleev-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mcfleev-OSend a Private Message to Mcfleev-ODirect Link to This Post
thats why you buy a fiero
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mcfleev-O:

thats why you buy a fiero

and get grief from everyone else

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock