Started on: 08-26-2010 01:27 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: FieroRumor on 08-28-2010 12:46 AM
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
OK, I KNOW 99% of you probably already knew this, but I saw this in the Owner's manual and wanted to share (mostly for the one other person out there that might not know this and still climbs in upside down to deal w/ the fuses) also, not sure everyone has the owner manual.

"Unlatch the fuse block from the instrument panel by pushing in on the two release tabs located at the center and swing it towards the seat"
-Rumor
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
htchbck

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htchbckSend a Private Message to htchbckDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the tip! My wife's fiero didn't come with an owners manual when we bought it and I probably wouldn't have figured it out on my own lol
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
COOL, HUH?

I figured it out in an interesting way: the support structure the fuse block is bolted to was missing from my car when I got it, so it was always hanging down. I found one at the junkyard, and grabbed it.
TONY_C

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

OK, I KNOW 99% of you probably already knew this, but I saw this in the Owner's manual and wanted to share (mostly for the one other person out there that might not know this and still climbs in upside down to deal w/ the fuses) also, not sure everyone has the owner manual.

"Unlatch the fuse block from the instrument panel by pushing in on the two release tabs located at the center and swing it towards the seat"
-Rumor

You have 29,188 posts and you just figured that out? LOL. I'm just kidding with ya. You have to admit, it IS pretty funny.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TONY_C:

You have 29,188 posts and you just figured that out? LOL. I'm just kidding with ya. You have to admit, it IS pretty funny.

I think he's on his third Fiero, too
Evil Ricer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Evil RicerSend a Private Message to Evil RicerDirect Link to This Post
mine does the same thing the little hinge part that its connected to is busted off so my whole box is just hanging down anyone got an extra one? hahaha
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Thanks! last time I went to pull a fuse with my friend watching he laughed at me as I limbo-ed my fat rear end in there.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:
Thanks! last time I went to pull a fuse with my friend watching he laughed at me as I limbo-ed my fat rear end in there.

lol - yup....this was a recent discovery for me as well
found out when I did the mod to make the power windows active without the key
was mentioned in Rodney's instructions. was an OMG moment.

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
The assembly that swings down can pull off of the fuse block so you can replace just that too FYI!

[This message has been edited by mmeyer86gt/gtp (edited 08-26-2010).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htchbck:

Thanks for the tip! My wife's fiero didn't come with an owners manual

Download one: http://www.fieronews.net/fusion/downloads.php

Maybe get a Service Manual while you're at it

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Mine has been beaten by my big feet so much it comes down out of its own free will...
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TONY_C:

Only had to replace a fuse once in my first Fiero when I was installing a new radio... but yeah, that IS pretty funny.
If I create a thread askin' what that metal pip is that seems to connect to nothing (recall) shoot me.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock