turbo for 2.8 by Irvin Green
Started on: 08-21-2010 08:28 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Irvin Green on 08-21-2010 07:13 PM
Irvin Green

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Irvin GreenSend a Private Message to Irvin GreenDirect Link to This Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...fPartsQ5fAccessories Can somebody tell me it this turbo kit will work on a 2.8 fiero?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Its 100% Chinese Communist manufactued. There are also no exhaust crossover or down pipes. Its a low quality parts kit for those looking to buy garbage.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
You don't want a cheep kit made in chinia. A turbo has to be very, very well made or won't last at all.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
Do you have the tools and skills to fabricate? This is one of those "universal" kits. Aside from the Chinese low quality, you will have to make it fit your Fiero. Lots of cutting and welding. Notice the turbo mounting flange? You weld that on the crossover after cutting a hole in it. You have to cut a hole in the oil pan for the oil return line too. Front mount intercooler - hoses have to run all the way to the front and back again. Nothing in that kit includes ECM tuning either.

This stuff isn't too difficult if you have the tools. I built a home-brew turbo kit for my 3.4L swap and it works great (after 6 years of playing with it and many, many do-overs )

RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
I would not buy it....and for all the work you are going to do you might as well purchase all the parts yourself. That aside, is you 2.8 up to the task of turboing?
Irvin Green

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Irvin GreenSend a Private Message to Irvin GreenDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the information.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock