Drive Line Absorber Question by Y_B_A_FOOL
Started on: 07-07-2010 09:38 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Y_B_A_FOOL on 07-08-2010 12:11 PM
Y_B_A_FOOL

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Y_B_A_FOOLSend a Private Message to Y_B_A_FOOLDirect Link to This Post
Well recently my car has been shifting the motor badly when i shift, after a very nice 0-80 time one day... Any whoo, I though my half dead motor and tranny mounts made their last stand that day and failed, not true. I was under the car hook'n my cat delete back up, way too loud when it falls out >.> and I noticed the bolt near the block for the absorber was lose. Should this bolt have a nut on the end of it? Or does it just thread in. Oh. It shifted way better after i pushed the bolt in some... Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
I believe the frame bracket has a welded nut. Not sure the other side. If no threads - then you need a nut
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
The top bolt that mates the absorber with the block doesn't have a nut on the end of it. It threads into one of the "ears" on the block.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
if the drive line absorber made that much of a difference - yes - your motor mounts are done or near done.
Y_B_A_FOOL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Y_B_A_FOOLSend a Private Message to Y_B_A_FOOLDirect Link to This Post
Yea there are quite dead. But this will make it much better. I'm gonna try and thread that back in, thanks for the info

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock