new mera by rak
Started on: 06-21-2010 01:15 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: batousai666 on 06-21-2010 05:16 PM
rak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rakSend a Private Message to rakDirect Link to This Post
i just got my hands on a mera rep. and having a lot of problems finding replacement parts for the body and interior. any help would be nice.
http://i979.photobucket.com...4/eeke1999/mera3.jpg
http://i979.photobucket.com...4/eeke1999/mera2.jpg
http://i979.photobucket.com...4/eeke1999/mera1.jpg

doing a full build i have a donar car with a 350v8 and hd tranny in it. ready to put in under it, plan on doing a single turbo on it using a blow thru carb and a eic controller i have laying around. only want about 6 psi. have built about 5 turbo 350s so not a prob there. but this my first fiero/mera so please any tips also well welcome.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
See this thread and ask away. These guys are experts on the car:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...195-32.html#lastpost
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
You have purchased a kit car. That is not a real Mera.

Rodney Dickman
Mera Registry
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Rodney

4715 posts
Member since Feb 2000
A place in Canada has molds and some parts. Jimmy's customs or something like that. Windsor area.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
I am very much in agreement with Rodney that this appears to be a kit car. However, I have seen some very strange MERA mods in the last few years. Does this car have a MERA sticker on the rear deck lid? If so, pleaase post a picture of it.

Nelson
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

You have purchased a kit car. That is not a real Mera.

Rodney Dickman
Mera Registry

Originally posted by rak:

i just got my hands on a mera rep.

If "rep." means "reproduction", then he already knows it's not a real Mera.
rak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rakSend a Private Message to rakDirect Link to This Post
Yes rep is reproduction. i know its a kit car on a fiero frame the donar car with the v8 is a fiero also that already had the swap so i can steal parts in fact if u look in the pics its the black fiero in the background. my problem isnt knowing what car i have my problem is knowing a supply for parts for the car. as i said my first fiero/mera another hint that i knew what the car was. so please anyone who has rebuilt 1 let me know a few places u used for parts. and maybe some common problems peps run into doing the v8 swap just so i know ahead of time thnx.
DefEddie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DefEddieSend a Private Message to DefEddieDirect Link to This Post
Mike in Oklahoma has Mera molds,but I'm not sure what became of the decision for or against selling to repro owners.
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
Yep! Mike (Mera7) is your boy....he needs to show more, what he can do with what ever hes got.

QUOTE]Originally posted by DefEddie:

Mike in Oklahoma has Mera molds,but I'm not sure what became of the decision for or against selling to repro owners.[/QUOTE]

as far as any "Descision" that may be neccessary....in my (humble) opinion as a "Mera" owner with NO sticker and NOT being on or in the Mera Registery.. some may know this but, as long as there is a Definate/tell tail sign that it is not Mera...i am so totally Down. Meras hold there orginality, and the "New Mera Replica's", if you will, get made by big Mike.$$$$$ then, i go work for Mike in Sales. job for me!

you know something a key measurement difference.....or my favorite, the one piece rear cilp. thats easy to see. to a trained eye. ON EBAY! cool? thats my 2 cents.....opinion only.

right on! Rak.already has the 350!.....thats what i am talking A'boot. (sorry, long 1st day back at work finally.
hopefullly Mera7 can help out. you got a good start there. nice find. Got any more details??

my "plan" (if i can keep a job) is to order a whole car form Mera7....seeing that someone(hint,hint) in certian words, gave me an LS engine.... yeah i remember.....kidding?!
that way my so called Mera X would stay stock. and i could still Trailer cars all day, while looking good, at the Track and not worry about smashing Me X.

or .....HIGHJACK ALERT.....no
good show mate
Later
Dan

PS come over to the ..."Real Mera in Paradise" thread in the general fiero section. and bring more pictures

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-21-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock