Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  The release of Capt Fiero's 857 GT. Tons of Paint and Sanding Prep Pics

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

The release of Capt Fiero's 857 GT. Tons of Paint and Sanding Prep Pics by Capt Fiero
Started on: 06-14-2010 05:39 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Capt Fiero on 06-14-2010 09:34 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

This has been an on going project for many years and you can see the progress in a couple threads of mine.

Build Threads

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000015.html

and Here

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/098362.html

However I wanted to start a new thread for this stage of the car. It will still get the lower sections painted white at some point, but this was a major stepping stone.

Its part 85GT, Part 87GT, Part 93 Cadillac, with a 5spd Getrag, and lots and lots of Fiberglass work.

Ok so we started by pulling off all the easy stuff that we knew we needed to paint around.

Dr.Fiero said pulling the rear deck would make it the best for painting the trunk edges and then properly painting the deck lid itself.

Also getting the head light door edges would need to be removed.

The Doctor himself

Then the masking started. I think it took longer to mask than it did to sand the entire car down to 400grit.

Another shot of Dr. Fiero

We left the bulbs in and masked them, as removing them would leave a chance of getting paint in the sockets.

My side scoops that have yet to be installed, but I figured we might as well paint them know, while we were doing the rest of the car.

The deck lid required way more sanding than expected to get rid of some nasty cracks that were under the paint that I did not know were even there.

We laid one layer of perfect tape mask then just attached the paper to the center of the first layer of paint. Worked out amazing.

Once we started painting, I had to stop taking shots as I was in charge of making sure none of the lines got close to the fresh paint as we were in a hell of a hurry.

So this is the end result.

Special Thank to John Carlo (Car2Lo), John Craker(Watts), Damian, Clynt, Chris Z (Fire451). Tim Z, and all the other people from West Coast Fiero’s for your help in building this Hot Rod. Really Special Thanks to my Wife (Fierochick) for her Patience in letting me spend so much time on this car.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CheshireGrin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinDirect Link to This Post
i like it.. is it flat black or more like a graphite colour?

Ryan
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
I like it.....looks sharp
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I was actually going for flat black, however it turned out to be a nice shade of Graphite / Satin Black look. Good enough in fact that I took 2nd Place in my class at the 2010 All Pontiac show and Shine yesterday. Those pics are at http://captfiero.com/allpontiac2010

@ Firefox, Thank You.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 06-14-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock