Wiper circuit board schematic by cone shark
Started on: 05-26-2010 07:36 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: cone shark on 05-27-2010 11:07 PM
cone shark

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cone sharkSend a Private Message to cone sharkDirect Link to This Post
Does anybody have a schematic for wiper pulse board? (PCB 22062692 rev. 1)
I found links to schematics in the archieves, but they were dead.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thumper_64735

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Direct Link to This Post

Hope this is what ya need. Let me know if its not and I'll see what else I can find
cone shark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cone sharkSend a Private Message to cone sharkDirect Link to This Post
Let me start at the beginning. Around 1995 I bought my 87 coupe. The wipers would do the typical random wipes and they wouldn't
cycle three times after the wash lever was pushed. I took the motor apart, cleaned, greased and made sure the park contacts
were clean. I also cleaned the circuit board relay contacts. This seemed to fix the wipers as the system worked perfectly for well over a decade.

Fast forward to last spring - my washer started to act up and finally wouldn't work at all. I worked at it quite a while and couldn't find the fault. Then onto more pressing issues.

Fast forward to now. No washer, no delay, no low speed - only high speed.

Checked pump by disconnecting connector at the wiper motor and, with ignition on, shorted pins 1 and 2. Pump O.K.
Checked switch functions using multi-meter as outlined in '88 shop manual. Switch functions O.K.
Checked parking contacts in wiper motor by visual inspection and bench tested under motor load. Wiper motor returned to and stopped (braking dynamically) at park position. Motor O.K.
Substituted working pulse board from '88 Formula. All wiper functions restored except washer pump which operated erratically.

Conclusions:
Defective pulse board.
Defective wiper switch (washer contacts)?

I'd forgotten, but last year I tried to draw a schematic for the 22062692 Rev. 1 board.
I just wondered if anyone had the non-Rube Goldberg version.

thumper_64735 thats not what I had in mind, but it does help - thanks

[This message has been edited by cone shark (edited 05-27-2010).]

cone shark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cone sharkSend a Private Message to cone sharkDirect Link to This Post

cone shark

160 posts
Member since Jun 2001

The top board is from the '87. It differs from the other board in that is it has a more robust looking R11.
The '87 board also has capacitor at the ends of R4 and R12 which isn't designated on the silk screen.

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
get the capacitor kit from Rodney. or wiper board repair kit its called? its basicly a set of caps to replace the dried out ones. its cheap, and it works.
the boards are also generic GM, and replacement baords are available in the "Dorman" or "Help!" isles at most parts stores.
Formula Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula OwnerSend a Private Message to Formula OwnerDirect Link to This Post
I had a similar problem to yours, except for the washer pump problem. It turned out to be the power diodes, CR1 and CR6 on the boards in the photos. The current for the wiper motor on low goes through one of those diodes. Radio Shack used to have suitable replacements (sorry, don't have the PN with me), but I don't know if you can still find a RS that carries electrical components. If you DO find one, I think they only have one power diode. I think the current rating was 6 A. They come in packages of 4. Also, I had to test each diode to find the best ones. The reverse current has to be very low, or else you will get a phantom swipe about every minute or so. Out of the 4 in the package, 2 had good (low) reverse current, and two were bad. I found the problem by installing one of the bad ones first which resulted in the phantom swipes.
cone shark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cone sharkSend a Private Message to cone sharkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thumper_64735:

Hope this is what ya need. Let me know if its not and I'll see what else I can find

What year is this wiring diagram from?
I found the wiring diagram for the '88 and its different.
I'm assuming the '87 and '88 are the same because they use the same board.

Diagram from '88 shop manual...

Neither diagram seems to be 100% accurate.

According to the diagrams the coil of the run park relay should be energized when the run park switch in the motor
grounds out.

When I look at the actual pc board, starting at pin 1, (B+) goes through a diode to the coil and into transistors, not into
the run park switch in the motor. What I'm i missing here?

cone shark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cone sharkSend a Private Message to cone sharkDirect Link to This Post

cone shark

160 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by Formula Owner:

I had a similar problem to yours, except for the washer pump problem. It turned out to be the power diodes, CR1 and CR6 on the boards in the photos. The current for the wiper motor on low goes through one of those diodes. Radio Shack used to have suitable replacements (sorry, don't have the PN with me), but I don't know if you can still find a RS that carries electrical components. If you DO find one, I think they only have one power diode. I think the current rating was 6 A. They come in packages of 4. Also, I had to test each diode to find the best ones. The reverse current has to be very low, or else you will get a phantom swipe about every minute or so. Out of the 4 in the package, 2 had good (low) reverse current, and two were bad. I found the problem by installing one of the bad ones first which resulted in the phantom swipes.

I have several of those diodes (6A, 50 PIV , RS# 276-1661) in my "junk box" as well as electrolytic caps. I have a feeling
one or more of my transistors are shot though.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock